I am addicted to texting, are you?

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by Royksopp, Feb 13, 2011.

1. Since February 2nd, I have sent and received 5,085. That's fucking insane. I used to send and receive that many in a month, It varies I guess.

Anyways, are you? Does your phone have a keyboard or do you use t9? Mine has a keyboard but I think I text faster when I use t9. Still, I should use the keyboard more often because well, wtf is the point of having one if I'm not going to use it, right?

:D

2. do you mean sexting?

3. No, normal texting lol but if you want to include that then I guess.

4. Throw up some guidelines, how many do we have to send in a month to be considered "addicted"?

5. I have no idea. What do you consider a lot?

Maybe like 5k or something. If you're texting a lot then you're addicted. No real number.

6. thats about 450 text per day...

lol

7. I actually got rid of my cell phone entirely, it's a great feeling.

8. I guess, but it depends on the day. Today I haven't texted too much. When I'm at school though, I'm bored and so is everyone else so we just text each other lol.

9. Holy fuck, I'm definitely not addicted then, I'm around 2200 a month. I find myself avoiding talking to people on the phone now as I can ignore texts a whole lot easier.

10. I have a Droid Devour. I only use the kyboard to text.

When I first got it, I was into how advanced all these phones are now and all the different things you can use them for. But now... I fucking hate it. Next phone I get will just be a regular piece of shit flip phone. All I need a phone for is to call and text sometimes, not to make me coffee and teach me how to be an astronaut.

11. holy fucking shit 5k

thats like as much as i have in my life

lol.

tbh, i could care less for txting unless i catch feelings for the person. if it was a cute attractive girl that i was persuing yes i would txt all day

im not attracted to a big majority of the girls i meet, call me a ass but i dont care

12. HOLY FUCK, 5k!!! :eek: Thats fucking insane, how many dudes do you texlirt (new word i made up, just now.... text flirt) with on a daily bases, cuz god knows your not texting your girlfirends

13. My vote is yes, it should be no but mashing on my fucking iPhone screen, I apparently can't figure out the difference between no and vote now.

14. That's still a good amount.

Is it touch screen? I hate those.

LOL!! You're silly.

Very few actually lol I text guys and girls. And lemme tell yah, us girls love to gossip through text :p

15. #15 MastaSkunk, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2011
    You need a job or something else to do, bad.

11,375 posts since Sept 2009 is also crazy to me.

16. yea , i have so much time to do other stuff with my day
    BESIDES
    sitting on my ass and texting people. for no real important reason.
    shit gets old after the first like 4 or 5
    ill put my phone down andtell everyone to fuck off.

i hate having a phone sometimes.

17. #17 Fighter, Feb 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2011
    I might squeeze out a little over a hundred every 3 weeks or so but, 5k?

I feel old :( I don't know though, if somethings important I call, if something isn't time-sensitive or important I'll text. I don't really use my phone to communicate illegal activities so I guess that could have resulted in a few hundred more texts but, damn.

I use to use 50 texts a month and only had to go over that when I had a girlfriend, except I was 13-14 at the time.

18. Yea, mines a touch screen, but the keyboard slides out from under it

19. No lie. When I was in High school (few months ago) my mother checked our half-month bill status and i had sent/received 10,000 texts. I think I ended the month with like 18,000 something.

20. Thread winner LOL.