Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I am a Pot head, I am Addicted, Are you?

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by M.smokesalot, Aug 13, 2011.

1. Im not going to argue with anyone about wether or not pot is addictive. In a thread full of Pothead's it would be pointless really.

For the guy who said, if I wanted to stop, I would just stop. Ya, I wish that were the case buddie. Ive wanted to stop for a while now everytime I try I fail. I always just go pick up a bag.

As for people arguing that you dont get cold sweat and shit from quitting, no you dont. But my sleeping pattern gets all fucked up, for like weeks, like were talking 3-4 hours of sleep a night. Also I have trouble stomaching anyfood, of anykind, when im not smoking.

Those are the only side effects, besides massive cravings, that I get when I quit.

Like I said I dont really want to argue, I just want people to answer the questions/enter there answer's in the poll.

2. Are you addicted?
    1.Has smoking stopped being enjoyable, at least some of the time? No

2.Do you smoke alone? Yes

3.Do you find it hard to imagine living without marijuana? Yes

4.Do you choose friends who also smoke? Yes, i prefer them to at least have a positive opinion of it.

5.Do you smoke to avoid really confronting your feelings? Not often

6.Do you smoke marijuana when you get upset, as a way of coping? Im hardly ever upset, and when I do, i have no weed.

7.Do you live in a self defined world outside of regular society, because of your marijuana use? Not because of marijuana.

8.Have you ever promised someone you would quit or cut down (including yourself) and failed
    to do so? I was forced to promise my mom, but that doesnt count lol.

9.Do you notice that you are not as sharp as you were, or that your memory is worse because of your marijuana habit? No

10.When you are nearly out of marijuana, do you start to feel anxious about getting more? Yes.

11.Does your life revolve around your use of marijuana? No, but i think about it non stop.

12.Have friends or family ever told you that your marijuana habit has had a negative effect on your relationship? Yes.

All this proves to me is my family doesnt understand marijuana.

3. #63 JoelVent, Aug 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2016
    6/12 yeses, I have noticed I'm not as.. Sharp as I was before I smoked regularly and I noticed my doms stay longer...

4. I've only smoked alone once, and the only time when I thought I wasn't as sharp was when I went from smoking once a week to everyday and even then only for the first few days.

5. I'm only a 3 not bad for daily toker

6. I was kinda surprised since the only one i answered yes to was #2, but i think that this time if i tried to quit i would probably have trouble.

7. to bad theres about 3k miles between us lol...so you're high on life? good for you man

8. I feel bad for the people that answer yes to all of the questions...

9. Hahah, yeah, pretty much. I never knew what people meant by being high on life till now. I can get pretty "high" ,if I can call it that, from conversations, which is weird. I just recently found out it is because meaningful and funny conversations boost our endorphins. I think that's pretty cool :)

10. You're also high on an abnormal level on endocannabinoids :rolleyes:

11. 3 YES. Questions: 2, 4 and 10.

12. Cooooool~ I'm getting high and I didn't have to pay any money for it. Awesome~!:D

13. this is stupid because it would have the same amount of yes answers if i replaced them with a whole range of different things, such as eating, videogames, reading books, and any other activity i enjoy.

1.Has VIDEO GAMES stopped being enjoyable, at least some of the time?
    yes, i play video games all the time and dont have fun i get angry
    2.Do you PLAY VIDEO GAMES alone?
    yes, all the time
    3.Do you find it hard to imagine living without VIDEO GAMES?
    yes, why would i want to live without video games? theyre fun
    4.Do you choose friends who also GAME?
    yes, because then we have something in common, the same reason why people who play sports make other friends who play sports, nerds make friends with nerds, etc
    5.Do you gAME to avoid really confronting your feelings?
    possibly, it sometimes can become an escape
    6.Do you GAME when you get upset, as a way of coping?
    Sometimes, video games can make me feel better
    7.Do you live in a self defined world outside of regular society, because of your GAMING?
    well i do sort of live in a game world along with the real world, so yes
    8.Have you ever promised someone you would quit or cut down (including yourself) and failed
    to do so?
    yes, i tell my mom all the time ill stop playing video games, but i really dont. the same way that everybody else on the planet has broken a promise
    9.Do you notice that you are not as sharp as you were, or that your memory is worse because of your gaming?
    no to this one
    10.When you are out of video games, do you start to feel anxious about getting more?
    sometimes, when i go to my mailbox and dont see my gamefly game i get pissed
    11.Does your life revolve around your use of videogames?
    no
    12.Have friends or family ever told you that your marijuana habit has had a negative effect on your relationship?
    no

So i answered yes to a majority of those answers if i replaced the object with video games instead of weed. so does this mean that i am addicted to video games? no, it means these questions are bullshit

14. how is that?

15. endocannabinoids>none

there was a slimming pill that blocked endocannabinoids, there were more than a few suicides related to it :\

16. This thread is depressing what the fuck.

17. 9 here

edit: actually 8 but i cant change my vote

18. Damn, that's sad :( Forget pills! They are always killing people :mad: Damn pills:(

19. Yes to all except 1 & 12, but I'm not worried about it. Though I suppose that IS part of addiction, lol. :hippie: