I am a guy and I cry

Discussion in 'General' started by Makizushi, Jul 24, 2009.

1. THERE IS NOTHING wrong with a man being emotional! We are all humans! As many have said, for men not to show sensitive emotions is just a stupid bullshit society thing. Which is why more men commit suicide than women, because we can't express our feelings in fear of not appearing "manly" or "masculine"! Many men bottle their inner emotions which is not healthy at all. I get teary over small things too! But I feel that's a beautiful thing, we have a big sense of compassion!

Just makes me sick to my stomach to think my dad said last night "Men should be TOUGH and should never cry" and has always been like that to me, yet I've seen the man cry a dozen times over his mother's death, over his divorce.....

Humans cry. There is nothing wrong with it.

2. Yea its good to have a good cry.

3. #103 jay719, Jul 19, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 19, 2015
    Sounds like you are overly sensitive to be honest. There is a huge difference in crying because someone died, or your spouse left, and crying because the puppy on the charmin commercial looked extra fluffy.

4. I'm crying that this thread is blowing up again and i also tear up a bit every time i watch Forrest Gump. No lie that move is one of the most emotional i have yet to see.

5. Ik this thread is old as fuck but the last chapter of the last of the Mohicans is sad as fuck. I cried.

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

6. Grey is so fashionable these days.

7. what?

Sent from my U670C using Grasscity Forum mobile app

8. I typed ghey. My iPhone Kant spel gud.

9. My penis cries at night.

10. I was once at a funeral for a fellow soldier and a friend.
    When the tears fall you let them fall, you stand at attention and you salute your fallen comrade. There is no shame in crying, the shame would be dropping your salute to wipe away your tears. Would you deny your brother a moment of the respect you owe him because someone might see you cry?

It is not tears that make you less of a man, it's feeling ashamed of who you are and how you feel in a given moment that makes you look weak.