I am 100% sure i have ADD or ADHD

Discussion in 'General' started by goodseasons, Mar 28, 2012.

1. You may be an Indigo, Crystal, or Rainbow Child.
    Check this out before you get on any meds...

Star Children

2. ADD - Absent Dad Disorder, go on fuel the pharmaceutical companies that make the symptoms of every kid a disease.

3. Has anyone ever seen the episode of south park where all the kids are diagnosed with ADD? The Californian has the "Sit down and do your work or I'll hit you in the mouth" technique for dealing with ADD without medicine.

I think ADD isn't real, or ADHD.. The only one that I believe is real with that is OCD, and not the "I am a neat freak" OCD, I mean like the hardcore "I have to brush my teeth in a certain formation or I can't go on" OCD.

Having said that, I faked ADD to get some addy to be the king of my college classes >:)

4. IMO it is hard to self-diagnose with ADD/ADHD and be a marijuana smoker.

I'd bet good money on the fact that if you tell the psychiatrist you smoke marijuana, he is not gonna want to write you stimulants.

Maybe you should chill out on the weed. Or lie and say you don't smoke so you can get the stimulants..it kinda sounds like that is what you are after, OP.

5. lol at a psychiatrist not giving out add meds. you see the cars they drive? pfizer pays for them XD

6. If this star children stuff is real, i'm definitely a indigo... this is what i mean, i can do and read everything i find interesting or at least something that pertains to me, but when i need to do shit that i could care less about i cant get myself to do it. Its weird... it's like my body is just saying no you don't need this its stupiid and useless, which it kinda is...

7. ^^ thats a byproduct of your study habits throughout life, you cant just not give a fuck your whole life and then hold interest. take responsibility dont just take a pill.

8. How do you take responsibility if you didn't give a fuck you're whole life, and it's not so much i didn't give a fuck i just didn't wanna do it... and even now.

9. dude dont use add meds its the worst thing ever unless you want a psyhotic breakdown (hearing creepy voices in ure fukin head,seeing shit move) or all year depression.. i smoke weed for add best thing.

10. [quote name='"Meneks"']^OP is a bad parent?[/quote]

Ahahahaha

11. I've been diagnosed with ADD Inattentive subtype and I've taken adderall and I'm convinced it's all bullshit.

ADD or ADHD is just a lack of discipline. It might sounds callous, but I've been there and I've done that and I'm done with it. You can overcome ADD with willpower. Becoming dependent on any drug to help you do something that every human needs to be able to do is dangerous, and in my eyes, weak. Just my .02

///M

12. To answer your question, no smoking will not affect it, cuz I smoke daily with my Meds

13. I don't know where you've been, but its not like that anymore.

Adderall XR is illegal in Canada cuz the kiddies were getting heart attacks. Like oxycodone and xanax, it is becoming harder to acquire a prescription, especially for younger people.

Plenty of doctors are not willing to give CII meds to drug users. Of course OP can lie, but it is hard to get diagnosed with ADD for real hiding that. Marijuana smoking is a pretty big detail when youre talking about a disorder whose symptoms mimic the effects of it.

14. OP sounds like you didn't do your work throughout your entire school career, and now that your on your own in college you're still following the same habits.

I also half assed my way through 12 years of school. Now I realize I fuckin hate studying, schoolwork, ect and have trouble focusing in class. I have to force myself to sit and do work rather than dick around. It's not because I have ADD that I can't focus in class, don't feel like doing my work, fidget and whatnot....it's because I don't WANT to do that shit.

But sometimes you have to. Man up, get organized and do it.

15. Good habits can be developed just as bad habits are

16. The drugs they prescribe will fuck you up. Its speed(amphetamine). You wont eat have trouble sleeping, once you come down you feel really out of it and have to take more. Also it sucks cuz after a while taking it , its hard to fully relax. Like youll be layin down tryin to watch tv and your mind will be racing about other shit.