Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I always leave a bowl in the fridge now.

Discussion in 'Seasoned Marijuana Users' started by TAZZAK, Sep 24, 2008.

1. So I loaded a bowl this morning before school and rememberated that i had a test :) so I stuck the sucker in the fridge.... got home....about to light it and I rememberd I needed to go check the mail... so i put it in the freezer and went to check the mail..Got back inside like ten min later and grabed my piece outta the freezer... No cracks its still perfect(paranoid me had to look) Spark'd it up and I couldnt believe how clean of a hit it was. The air is so cold it feels goood to smoke it and the tastes awesome cuz its droskie... man I can't believe I havent been doing this earlier...

If you gotta mini bubbler go load a bowl and stick it in the freezer now!!! wweeheww. just brought a whole new level to mid night snacks! my roommates going to be perplexed when he sees my pipes laying around the fridge haha

2. i dunno man 10 min isnt much. just make sure you dont leave it in any longer than that, id prolly even do more like 5 or 6. but then again im paranoid as fuck about my pieces breaking

3. Ice Notches on my bong. Gotta love them.

4. Make sure there is no water in your piece when u put it in!

5. Yeah I would be careful with that. Me and my friend left his glass in a freezer for like 20 minutes and smoked out of it. The first couple times worked no problem, I think there were small cracks that we didn't see. After the 2nd or 3rd time, the bowl cracked all the way down the center. Just smoke in an ice bong ftw!

6. The problem is that if you smoke it right when it gets out of the freezer, if you leave it in there for too long, your causing it to freeze and heat too rapidly. And of course the consequences of that are causing it to contract and expand to quick, causing cracks. Wouldn't recommend this.

7. Never freeze glass with water in it (it expands). Come on now.

8. yes, but the glass isn't a closed container. it will expand upward, and freeze. i doubt it would make it out the carb hole.

9. yeah i would say don't ever do this with glass, only pyrex, as it is made specifically to handle such sudden temperature changes (used in chemistry sets)...

10. Those plus some nice cold water from the fridge = heaven. Cold smoke is such a great feeling.

11. over time that WILL break your glass, its at freezer temp before you light it, then you touch fire to the bowl... even if it didn't crack the first time sooner or later it will. every time you change its heat fast like that your make it more and more brittle.

12. word.......

13. Just slide your bowl out before you put it in the freezer. The bowl doesn't crack, and your hits stay cool and smooth :smoking:

14. in anther few months i will be packing my bong with snow. now THATS a cold smooth hit. as long as you dont flood your living room when it melts:rolleyes:

15. Ice loses mass when it melts :rolleyes:

16. no shit? ya dont say! wow im glad you explained that to me! but if you fill the whole bong with snow, it will melt and come out the slider stem. thus resulting in a flood. besides what do you know about snow ya stinkin aussie:p:p

17. snow= ice and ice= what i have in my freezer, i know enough.

18. I only have wet pieces, so I fill my bubbler with ice water, and use ice in my bong. No need to freeze my stuff (and there wouldn't be room for my bong in our freezers.)

19. Yeah.... I didn't think too much about the rapid temp changes... My thoughts were: If I leave it in the freezer with water, the water gets close to icy and absorbs most of the heat and the pipe isnt rapidly changing temps unless your burning it in a cirle... I smoke smooth gentle hits by myself so I dont waste weed. I'll deffinately be stopping with this piece though as I don't want to find other wise in the future...

20. get an acrylic bong and stick it in the freezer