Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

I always cough when I take a hit

Discussion in 'Apprentice Marijuana Consumption' started by Zilfana, Jul 6, 2011.

1. I'm not necessarily a new smoker, I've been doing it awhile now. But almost every time I take a bong hit, I cough. Sometimes it's a lot, and when your high as balls while doing it, it's terrible. So what is it that I'm doing wrong? Here are the details, if needed.

I mostly (probably 95% of the time I smoke) smoke out of my homemade piece. It's the one in my sig.

I don't know if it's because I'm maybe taking too big a hit every time. I even cough a lot on "good shit" that to others, they think it's quite smooth.

I do have really bad allergies, (I am allergic to every kind of grass in my region of the US, as well as dust. I am not allergic to any foods, and I am in no way allergic to weed XD) so that causes problems. I always have really clogy sinuses, and a lot of throat drainage. Could this irritate my throat some how, making me more prone to cough?

2. Get a glass piece. Bong.
    Or just smoke a few times a week. That always helps me not cough alot. Itll build your lungs up.

3. i bet it has to do with the drainage you described. can you take some nyquil or something?

4. I take a nasal decongestion med, like 3 times a day, and allergy meds once a day