I already miss her. Mum.

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Inthedirt4good, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Tonight i will kill my Mum due to a nagging paranoia. She was/is my first and successful experiment with clonex. She has no offspring to miss her.

I've taken her from commercial slow release nuted soil to hand mixed organic soil with my very own collected worm castings. I've trimmed her roots and re-potted her. She survived 3 spider mite attacks, nitrogen & phosphorus deficiencies, dehydration, and near loss by means off over bending her primary limb. I learned what a folair feed is and the relation between potential hydrogen and nutrient uptake. Many little lessons, many hours of reading.

She is a mere 10 and a half months old kept in constant 24/0 veg; and to my eye, in shape of a ancient desert ceder like the kind you might see in a national geographic perched on the edge of dry rocky cliff over looking dry African grassland.

I have very much enjoyed watching her develop 'old' bark week to week, and felt a little at awe from new growth forming from 'old wood'

I thought maybe i would try 'n pawn her off on a friend.. but that may compromise things a bit.
    I thought maybe i would try my hand at grafting... but that would lend itself to acquiring 'fresh superior genetics'

-sorry kiddo, its not you.. its me. this day was bound to come.

(i'm open to suggestions btw... waste not want not.. )

2. lemme see a pic of this fallen beauty

3. #3 Inthedirt4good, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2010
    If you would, give me a couple minutes set up and scrub the exif data.

edit 3.. this is going to take a few.

4. #4 Inthedirt4good, Dec 16, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 16, 2010
    She was far from done. I would like to have had another 4 months+ build up a better skeleton to work from. I dunno. going for something different, i had an idea in mind..

Long cutting.. Clonex.. MG soil, water...

[​IMG]

got her going with a little Liquid Seafood 2-3-1

[​IMG]

I imaged pushing her further the right, building thick hard wood branches ending in a wild outstretched thicket stretching east. Plenty of stem to build up, and opportunity to amend as needed.

to the left of her canopy is the leaf growing off a very over stretched branch. Most of what you see on the right came along in the last month. With a sharp knife i cut out about an inch of soil and roots, mixed up perolite, sifted peat, dried blood, bone mean, lime and pinch of epsom salt. fed with 2-3-1 fishandseaweed
    [​IMG]

new growth off of 'old' wood.

[​IMG]

she grew. :)

what should i do?

eat the shoots 'n call it a day?

5. Hey... to anyone reading, or looking at the pictures.. :eek: There was a fair amount of drinking involved when deciding post all this stuff. Anyhow... its all in the eye of the beer-holder yada yada.

6. Why not 12/12 her and send her off in a cloud of smoke instead of in the garbage? If your that attached to her then try and flower her out.

7. ^^^ vote

8. Yes flower her you have to!!! lol

9. You guys are awesome. Thank you.

We'll see.. :)

I do not have the proper counter measures to see this through to fruition.

++++
    boy, i wish this plant wasn't currently restricted.. if even for hemp oil production.. < chuckle > i can think of a half dozen people that blow more in a month on recreation then what it took to get this girl off the ground to a point of renewable propagation and plenty there some for future 'conservation'