I’m trying to make vape oil..

Discussion in 'E-Liquids & E-Juice, E-Cigarettes' started by Ambwee, Dec 1, 2019.

1. Okay. So, I used my infuzium 420 to make a VG oil last week. I don’t like the taste of it but it gets you gives you a buzz. But it’s cloudy looking. I used a very fine mesh strainer and strained twice. I watched a YouTube video of someone using syringe filters but those kill my hands. I want to try again but I’m stuck because I have all of the last oil that I don’t want to use. Can you use VG oil in edibles?
    How To: Cannabis E-Liquid With MB Machine | Musical Weed
    This was the recipe I used the first time.
    Does anyone have any other guides?

2. If its food grade vg, most likely. This is taken from google.
    "Since glycerin is a form of sugar alcohol that your body cannot fully absorb, consuming too much — either alone or through foods — may also lead to gas and diarrhea. Summary Vegetable glycerin is generally considered safe"

Although, i dont think you should be smoking thc budder. If the infuzium 420 was used to make cannabutter. Youd have to use THC Oil/dabs/concentrate.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. THC just doesn't dissolve well in PG or VG, which is why thinning agents and death oil came into the market. Both VG and PG are really poor agents for dissolving THC not to mention the 100s of other chemicals in your flowers. For starters THC will not even dissolve into PG/VG unless it is over 180 F.

This where the chemistry get beyond me but my basic understanding is an intermediary solvent is needed to help the extraction. Some other kind of oil or alcohol is needed to blend the THC and VG.

4. Would adding VG or PG to a tincture of thc and using a magnetic stirrer/hot plate work? I would guess it would evaporate the everclear and infuse the VG or PG with the THC?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

5. I would stay away from thc oil in vape pens...
    This is a new way and we don’t know the real causes of the deaths in America...
    If you guys want to smoke oil then do it the old fashioned way
    Harmful but by now not deadly as vaping it..
    Maybe you have to accept that oil is not for vaping
    Just get a bubbler and an oil rig..I have one of black leaf and is super:)
    The only bad thing is making oil will need time...min 2 months for 2 to 4 liters of alcool used...
    Maybe if you make oil with less weed or shutter it will result in less time..
    If you need info just ask

Inviato dal mio iPhone utilizzando Grasscity Forum

6. Too bad it's a painful way to go too

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. @BrassNwood a very friendly and knowledgeable blade (also a master at tinctures and oils IMO), shared a recipe with me and it worked great in my vape. Maybe he can offer some advice here.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. cannabinoids are not soluble in vegetable glycerin. plain and simple. you can stir them until your arm falls off but this is basic chemistry. vegetable glycerin and propylene glycol do not work with thc products. you need something oil soluble like MCT oil or terpenes

9. Been making my own vape juice for a while using various ratios of PG/VG as my base. From the news reports it’s pretty obvious no oils of any kind should be vaped. The Ardent.com website contains videos and lab results of tests which show PG to be 80% efficient at extracting thc. Of course they want you to buy the device which is, by the way, very useful, but the info is free.

10. yeah but how much are you adding? I’m not vaping anything that has more additives in it than cannabinoids. that’s gross and also just a waste of time

11. Not sure what you’re after. You started off talking about how poor VG and PG were as choices to use as extraction base. Most nic vape carts and prefilled carts from dispensaries and diy carts are a blend of PG/VG with cannabinoids and/or flavoring or nic concentrate and/or flavoring.
    Then you’re talking about using MCT oil to vape? Really?

12. If you are mixing vegetable glycerin with cannabinoids you have no clue what you’re doing.

MCT is not necessary but tons of licensed dispensaries use it to prevent clogging. Even medical only dispensaries use it. Not all oils are the same. Thc is a lipid too you know. Just use distillate and terps. Don’t make a nasty ejuice soup out of things that are not even soluble with cannabinoids

13. #14 2Toke on, Jan 25, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2020
    I’m thinking that we are talking about two different things. Here’s what I do:
    For infusion I decarb my herb (240 F for about an hour at temp) then, when it has cooled, I add it to my PG
    @ 1 ounce PG per 1 gram of decarbed flower. Then I heat that mixture to 240F again for about an hour. When it is still warm to the touch I strain out the herb remains and filter a couple of times or until the liquid is clear of visible debris. THEN, when it’s cooled to room temp I add VG to thicken to the viscosity I have learned through trial and error suits my vape carts.
    This procedure has produced the results I desire.
    Lately I have experimented with adding terpenes to the final product. Seems to add to the entourage
    effects. Also when adding the terps I steep them into the final PG/VG mix at 180F in a glass container in a crockpot water bath for an hour or so. Sorry for the lengthy reply. Just wanted to be clear that I do not have access to refined cannabinoids i.e. thc “oil”. About MCT’s...I have tried the above process using only MCT oil. However, since the info I reserched on Ardent, Leafly, and of course YT, seemed to indicate that this MTC base solution is recommended for edibles and I don’t care for edibles, I traded it for some trim and shake which I used to make RSO but that’s another discussion.

14. #15 GorillaGherkin, Jan 29, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 29, 2020
    602F2E81-5895-4F5F-9999-262632650EAA.gif
    Oh yeah what flavor ya vaping “ Dirty Cock.”

15. Get a small rosin press. If you have access to good quality FRESH (important) flower you can add about 8% terpenes and it will blow that out of the water. Use CCell cartridge 2.0mm holes. You can get a cheaper one but the best press for the money only costs about 450 on Amazon you just buy the plates separate from the press itself. Use a 75 or 90 micron bag for flower rosin

it’s really important to use fresh flower for this process. Older material will still make good rosin for dabbing but not cartridges. If you don’t have great quality flower then use a bubble bag to separate the trichomes first then dry it and press the bubble hash in a 25 or 45 micron bag.

i respect your drive to make oils i just think the process you’re using is a little outdated is all

16. Thanks for the kind reply. Until a few weeks ago I had been a smoker of weed for a very long time. Then I was introduced to vaping
    and whole new worlds opened up. Guess I’m trying to make up for lost time. There is so much information and technology out there and I’m sure there’s more on the way. Thanks for your input. I appreciate everyone’s comments.

17. @puffcreed I’m sorry but that is load of dog shit I’ve been vaping distalate for 3 yrs now and not a problem, the problem is people are cutting corners to make a profit and not caring about anyone

Sent from my iPhone using Grasscity Forum