I’m successfully growing cannabis while intentionally doing everything wrong

Discussion in 'Marijuana Business and Industry' started by \WhatAguY/, May 15, 2020.

1. So I planted some pineapple dream seeds March 18, they were germinated using the paper towel method. I used.... miracle grow (it hurt to be honest, planting such a wonderful powerhouse seed in such an aggressively poor soil for cannabis)
    But I wanted to test a few personal grow methods, and to my suprise I’m getting full growth, multiple colas, beautiful deep green coloration and ZERO chemical burn. I have used one soil, one fertilizer and one light bulb for this plant from day one, but with my different manipulations of the plant itself and how it grows I have been successful in developing an extremely quality plant, in the worst cheapest lowest quality conditions. I’m sure some people have been successful in growing cannabis with soil that isn’t preferable, or with poor conditions and poor treatment, but I’m willing to hedge a bet that it was mostly luck and only 1-2 of the plants made it, with slight chemical burn or a fertilizer taste. My objective here, is to be able to develop top shelf quality cannabis at literally half the cost to the grower, increasing profits exponentially. I intentionally did everything wrong and everything the industry leaders say not to do, to show you all that I can do it better, and cheaper. I’ve been researching cannabis horticulture and the industry growing practices for well over a decade now, and since 2014 I’ve seen some wild methods and outlandish ideas toward the best way to grow the largest yield the fastest, and honestly I think a lot of growers have lost the vision and just got comfortable growing weed the way everyone else does it. I wanna break that, I want the next generation cannabis growers to be equipped with a greater arsenal of knowledge, to not just fall in line with what the industry says but to do something different from everyone else and produce better results. I firmly believe I can do exactly the same if not better than the average industry grower, with literally none of the supplies or equipment they use. The proofs in the photos.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Ready for honesty? Anyone can grow weed. Anyone can grow a plant like yours with water and backyard dirt. There’s nothing special about that plant. It’s leggy, stretchy and won’t yield much at all. Your plant has been stressed, so much so that it has multiple sets of 3 blade leafs (tell tale of high, high stress). Lastly, that plant has little to no chance to produce top shelf bud. Still can produce good smoke though. Your plant lacks a good set of bones, structure to build and hold buds upon. It’s leggy, so buds won’t stack. Unless drastic changes to light intensity happen before the transition is done.

GD I sound so harsh, not intentionally and I hope that’s understandable. But they way your presenting this... kinda had to do it. I can’t watch someone run with their shoes untied while swearing they can keep up with Hussein Bolt...

Miracle Gro is the shit btw. It is the largest brand of plant fertilizer...plant care brand for a reason. Some ppl just don’t know how to grow and love to blame their mistakes on everything but themselves.

Growing weed is easy, it’s a weed. It simple needs a little light, a little food, and a little time. Growing top shelf requires a killer more of those things. More light, more food, time...ehhh. Not so much on time... you did good, but still a long way from realizing the claims you’ve made.

Good luck in future grows and don’t hate me, and please don’t get discouraged. Because your message is still right in essence. You don’t need a laboratory to grow great, even top shelf bud. You’re right in that regard.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Yes, your plants are alive and healthy. But they are LANKY. That means not very bushy. I am curious to see your end result, so I am subbed. Thanks for sharing.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  4. Break the mold! Haha I think you'll find lots of people that agree about over priced nutes ect. Good luck, come bloom is when you'll really find out whether you sink or swim, so far so good. A bit more light if you wanted but I'm rooting for ya!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. Yeah the over priced nutes is why I switched to MB combo.
    100 bucks of it will last over a year and it increased my yield too.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. I completely understand and I do know the visual presentation of this particular plant is lacking, in comparison to a balanced shrub with an even canopy, BUT given that the purpose of this is to show that you CAN gro top shelf without all the attention that has been engrained into cannabis culture. I worked a few years for a small grow in Boulder CO, and I am aware of the purpose and reason for using particular lighting, trimming and cropping methods to control how it grows etc... I just want others to see the impact of hands on care vs. calculated and measured grows. I know I came across as pompous, it was on purpose and I in no way hate the response, I’m actually happy that I got such quality feedback within such a short time. I only ask to not be discredited based on the post here, I’m aware of the problems with he plant, I just want you all to see the progress of the plant from this stage to flowering and curing as well as the videos I will post of my experience with this particular strain once it’s cured and ready for consumption.
    I’m doing everything wrong on purpose, and so far my results are promising. I still have some trimming to do, but I’m intentionally keeping and interactions with the plant as limited as possible (except for a few personal choices in terms of trimming and low stress training)
    Sure some of the branches need more light, it’s tall and thin, the branches aren’t even, but that’s partially the point. I’m doing it all wrong on purpose and I’m going to yield large buds with quality THC, I’m certain of it and can not wait to progress and receive more feedback!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. oh and one last remark I forgot to add, miracle gro is a great soil, if you know how to manage your nutes, for amateurs and new growers not a single seasoned cannabis farmer would ever recommend starting with MG. Every single person I’ve seen use any of MG products as a new grower experiences some for of chem burn.

8. You’ve definitely got a talent with growing. I mean, I know it’s just growing, but it’s not as easy as it looks but still not as hard as folks make it sound. As for chem burn from MG, you’ll have that on those big jobs lol. But again, you’re absolutely right. You do not need the bells and whistles to grow great too quality bud. Nute management is right. So often we fall victim to our mediums. Almost always in early life it seems. You’ve done great work with what you have, id love to see more!

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. What kind of lights are you using?

10. The most basic cheap one I could find, great value flowering bulb. I certainly don’t recommend these lights for large yields, use metal halide or T5 or even an LED kit would be better. The purpose here is to go as cheap as possible and do everything we know as growers to be wrong, but physically manipulating variables to still yield large amounts of quality bud.
    I want growers to move away from chemical and financial prerequisites, to try and utilize what the plants are capable of. Look at what we’ve done with heirloom vegetables, I believe we can do the same with cannabis. These plants are in now way high quality compared to an industry produced plant, but having said that I am certain I can produce industry quality buds without any of the extra work or investments.

11. Right. So, what kind of power does it draw? Lumens? PAR?

12. Can you just define what you mean by 'top shelf' and 'large buds'? Why grow at all indoors if you want the cheapest option possible?

13. Easily a google away, but here’s the specs: 8W -65W equivalent-, 4.37 PAR, 906.5LM, 1700CCT, 21.08 photon flux. Cheap standard gardening light.

14. High THC percentage with high yield from minimal input from the grower is the goal here. Indoor grows on small scales are practical for those who want access to affordable options, I don’t understand your confusion or line of questioning but happy to answer all inquiries.The purpose of this post is to show that you can get a quality product, with a high yield doing very minimal to the plant. Nutrient prices, tampering and varying “high end” soil/ peats are turning cannabis cultivation into a convoluted and confusing practice when it doesn’t have to be. Now don’t get me wrong, I understand the criticism and skepticism hat comes with the territory, but I’m willing to bet you amongst so many others are thinking “this guys an idiot” which to me validates what I’m doing. I’ll post pictures as I go, the plant as it stands in the images is also only 7 weeks old and will start flowering soon, a bit of information I left out.

15. My line of questioning is to try and understand how you think entropy and light works. I don't really have a comment regarding the fertilizer or soil type, more power to you. But you're just ignoring some basic rules of physics.

Energy in, energy out. Light is energy. Your goal requires enormous amounts of energy. You have maybe 8W of CFL light. I've grown with cheap CFL. I know the drawbacks. You won't get dense buds, you won't get high THC content. You absolutely cannot compete with the sun. Especially at 8W. It's beyond exponentially different. You're talking about using the plants abilities? That's called their genome, it tells the plant to grow when there's lots of sunlight and nutrients. This shit is a science man.
    Im not going to sit here and call you an idiot because that's certainly what you want, but your logic simply doesn't make sense. You're making baseless claims like a snake oil salesman against actual funded research with peer reviewed results. You're creating a bastardization of the scientific method to achieve what? Edginess? You're not even following a train of logic, you're spouting off an incoherent string of ideas about achieving something that is just not likely.

At least back it up with some logic. Don't just sit here and bait others. Give us something beyond 'oh I was in colorado for so and so many years'. You sound like you don't know what you're talking about.

You're making huge claims. Baseless claims. Give us evidence. Like, what legitimately makes you believe you can do this when apparently nobody else can?

If you're really gunning to prove everybody wrong, then make a solid case for yourself. Let's see it.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. These plants are in the process, when they start to flower I’ll post more pics, this will be a long arduous journey, and of course I’m aware of how light effects plants, that’s basics bud. This is the study, it’s happening now, I’m making these claims hoping to intrigue others to follow my progress, and if you’re interested or curious I’m glad. That means I have both sides of the spectrum, more perspectives and input as the grow develops. Only time will tell if I’m just a “snake oil” salesman or not, my belief is in my practices. Not in others belief of my abilities or knowledge.

17. Don't say you will do this and that if what you're actually doing is testing the theory. It's misleading.

Now that what you've described makes more sense, I wish you luck.

18. The belief that it isn’t likely, is the whole point of it. Time will tell, I’m pretty certain that from the results I’ve gotten thus far too many people waste time money and energy on something fairly principle and basic. I merely aim to share the journey.

19. Good for you, this will be a good experiment. My friend dumped 2-3k into his basement grow. One mediocre crop later and he hasn't touched it since.
    My first grow cost less than $200 to set up. Didn't get a huge yeild, but all of my friends that I shared it with said it was good stuff.
    The difference? Probably genetics, a bit of luck, and a little love.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  20. This is founded in reality.