I’m prissy sure I have thrips 3weeks in bloom

Discussion in 'Pets' started by Jibs4, Sep 21, 2019.

1. I’m pretty sure I found trips near my flowers three weeks in bloom found on and near the little sugar leaves any help please and thank you is it to late to spay ? And has anyone used Dakine flatline?

2. Spinosad is what I use.
    upload_2019-9-21_8-25-13.jpeg
    Captain Jacks dead bug brew.
    It's a biological not a chemical poison.

BNW

3. Right on thank you is it good to use three weeks in

4. I've used it as late as a week before harvest.

BNW

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. Nice so Spray top and bottom as a foliar or should I soul drench And thank you for your replies I appreciate you

6. Depends on your level of infestation. Usually a light to medium spray is enough and I'd use the lower end of the recommended ratio of mix. To high a level will fail a lab test so it does carry some risk like any pesticide.

I keep it in reserve as the big gun but it's rare I need to use it. My yard was long neglected and naturalized so it has a very healthy supply of predator insects like ladybugs and Praying Mantis. The only things I treat for are caterpillars and Powdery Mildew. Everything else seems to be self controlling. Ohh I'll find a few mite punch marks here and there but never any live mites. A few chewed fans where a grasshopper has eaten but it's very minor damage.

Thrips & Cannabis - How to Identify & Get Rid of It Quickly!
    Quote::
    3.) Spinosad Products

Spinosad products are organic and unlike many other thrip pesticides, completely harmless to pets, children, and plants. Unlike many insecticides, you can spray spinosad heavily on leaves and roots with basically no negative effects. Spinosad products can be used directly to kill thrips on contact, but can also be used when watering plants to systematically kill thrips via the roots. Spinosad is also effective at fighting caterpillers, spider mites, and many other marijuana pests.

Can be used both as a topical spray, and can also be used directly at the roots. Spinosad is an organic insecticide made from the fermentation of a specific soil bacteria (actinomycete Saccharopolyspora spinosa) and kills thrips via ingestion or contact by affecting the insect nervous system. Spinosad can be a good choice for organic and outdoor growers, because it is very toxic to thrips, but is less toxic to many beneficial insects.

Note: Most spinosad products are effective for only about 24 hours after being mixed with water, so only mix as much as you will need per application. Anything left over will be waste.

Recommended: Monterey Garden Insect Spray with Spinosad
    [​IMG]

End Quote::

BNW

7. I’m indoor i’ve only noticed them on one plant and only a few bud sites look like they’re ripening to quick I I picked out the Captain Jack’s dead bug premixed spray and some ladybugs I also have some end-all also have some dakine flatline the flatline says you can use it up to 8 weeks My concern is spraying anything on the bed sites my profile picture is the most recent picture of what I have going on