Hz's Coco Bungalow

Discussion in 'Indoor Grow Journals' started by 1000Hz, Aug 30, 2010.

1. #1 1000Hz, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 22, 2010
    Well I'm back in action, so, here we go again! :bongin: :smoke:

-Strains-

OG Kush - Reserva Privada (DNA)
    Kandy Kush (OG Kush/Trainwreck T4) - Reserva Privada (DNA)
    OG Kush (Ghost) - Dr. Greenthumb
    Northern Lights #5/Haze - Sensi
    Dr. Grinspoon (Pure heirloom sativa)- Barneys Farm

-Equipment-

250W Agrostar HPS w/Cooltube
    400W HTG HPS w/cooltube
    120W Growbrite LED
    45w CFL's (supplemental lighting)

-Nutrients-

Genhydro FloraNova Bloom and Grow
    Genhydro Floralicious

Humic Acids:
    Diamond nectar (Leonardite)
    Fulpower (Prehistoric plant material)

-Method-

Passive Hydro Buckets with three layers, Hydroton in the bottom, Coco Dan in the middle, and Coco Coir on top. I still use Genhydro Flora Nova and Floralicious nutrients. Mmmmm Floralicious....... :yummy: Makes for some tasty harvests and extremely well rounded plants. Also have some Diamond Nectar and other humics I feed em for flavor and vitality.

I started my indoor adventures with a 400W HPS and the buds were always getting lumen burn, so I downgraded to a 250W and never have that problem anymore. I also find my harvests taste better after taking the big light off of em. My grow space is too small for that 400W. I lined the walls of the room with mylar and added some cfl's along with the hps, honestly my yields haven't gone down all that much at all. I'm still crankin out gnarly buds and the heat is extremely easy to control. I'll most likely get an extra 150W hps to stick in there along with the 250W when winter rolls around.

Here's some pics, The first OGK pics were taken a few days ago, updated ones from today are further down the page. I'll get some pics up of the veg plants tomorrow.

Feel free to comment, ask some questions or say hello.
    :D:wave::smoking::cool:

OG Kush (RP) First time growing this strain, these two got tip burn while I was dialin em in. They're very sensitive and don't like a high ppm. Pic's below are of two phenos, I'll be growing out some of the Ghost OGK's soon after these current ones finish. I have a lot of other stuff in veg right now.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

-Updates pics taken today- - Click for hirez

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Nice nugs dude i just started my coco grow I can only hope they turn out that frosty

3. Nice stuff! Good luck with the next round! :hello:

4. #4 1000Hz, Aug 30, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2010
    Thanks man, those are OG Kush's, way more frosty than a lot of strains. I also have a couple 6500k cfl's in the mix in the flowering area. It helps plants become more "frosty". Read about it over at sensi's forum awhile back, and imo it works well. Hope the coco works out for ya, just flush it good and keep the ph above 6 and you should be fine. I usually flush mine with hot water to help dissolve the salt faster. I haven't found anything better than coco for starting seeds, still after all this time, I've never had a seed that didn't germ. :cool:

Hey Optimus, thanx! Will be awhile before the next round of OGK goes in if that's what your talkin about. I wasn't expecting to get the ghost, so easily, so sadly it's on the back burner since I have so many others in veg right now. I'll get to it though, I want to compare between RP's OGK and the Ghost. Thanks for stoppin in!

5. Looks great dude! :smoke:
    Guess that's what I get to look forward to in the next couple of months.
    I don't think I'll have any problems with that. :D

6. Good shit man.. Keep us updated..

7. wow those og's look amazing!.can't wait to see that Dr. Grinspoon!.

8. Shit dude the first pic of the OG looks amazing, what strain are you most impressed with thus far?

9. count me in dude! looks tastey!

10. #10 1000Hz, Aug 31, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2010
    haha no doubt man, I'm not complaining:smoking:.. Thanks bro, there's going to be some crazy bud's in the next few months.

Thanks, I'll be updating often :D

Hey weeda, appreciate it, same here, I'm looking forward to the Grinspoon the most. I'm a freak for pure sativa's and unique strains. Cant wait to have a few jars of that stuff to keep me happy through the winter. Also the Acapulco gold is going to be f'n fantastic. Anyone who's smoked that would agree I'm sure. :smoke: Here's some pics of the grinspoon I found over at Sensi's forum from a grower named Quaze. Link

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

hey thanks, Of my current strains I'm most impressed with the OGK, the Kandy is right there though, it's crazy potent, tastes great and the high is outta this world. :cool: OGK is the most frosty strain I've grown so far, the kandy is almost as frosty though.

Cool glad to have ya, I'll be watchin your grow as well. :)

11. Hz,

What a start to this journal. Those pics of the OG look just like the breeders pics, dank as can be. I wouldn't expect anything less from you, and RP. The Grinspoon looks unlike any pot I have ever seen, yet somewhat familiar. I remember when buds looked a bit lankier but damn, that's extreme. I am really excited to see that in your hands. If anyone can fatten those genetics to the max...

Do you know if RP used the same og cut for all the crosses? I noticed the KK needed almost no feeding the whole way through in soil. I started the plants in some quality amended soil and waited to see deficiencies before feeding, and they never showed. The only thing I gave the last run was 2 very light feeding of Calmag, each time it showed a bit of burn. Nothing else. I wonder if this is posible, or I'm crazy. This would explain a bit of what I've heard lately. Not trying to question anyone, but since you've grown a few of the OG strains figured I would run it by you. Let me know what you've noticed.

Good to see you up an running Subscribed.

12. #12 1000Hz, Sep 2, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 3, 2010

Hey bro thanks a lot glad you stopped by, I love those OG's! Yeah that grinspoon is crazy man, it's supposed to look like that though. Not a big yielder what so ever, but that's not what I'm after growing a strain like that, I have plenty of high yielding strains. Grinspoon is some of the best sativa around I hear, so I'm growin it because I'm a freak for pure sativa's and because I want to build up a nice stash of high flying sativa buds that nobody has. I like to impress the ladies ya know ;):cool::smoke: The Northern Lights x Haze is going to be equally impressive imo. If you're a fan of the killer oldschool stuff you'd love that and the Acapulco. I've never been so anxious or excited about my grow.:D

To answer your question, my Kandy is a big eater. She eats about 50-60ppm more than my other strains and loves it, she could probably eat more than I give her, but I like to feed light. You probably just have some really good soil. I found the OGK to be a light feeder, burns really easy and is ph sensitive. A whole lot more touchy than the kandy.

13. Yo HZ!! I've been wondering what you were up to man. Nice to see you around again:hello: Very nice lineup you have there bro. The Grinspoon is going to be the X-factor I think. They're gonna be coming from near and far to take a glance at her.:p I can't wait to see this round through.:smoking:
    I'm currently running some Privada genetics as well.;)

Anyway, good to see you back in the city bro:wave:

14. #14 1000Hz, Sep 10, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 10, 2010
    Thanks Greenhit bro good to see ya. I agree, that grinspoon is really cool cant wait to smoke some of it. Actually started another grinspoon yesterday. :)

So I was way off on the flowering times on my OG Kush. I checked the trichs as I noticed some of the pistils were changing fairly rapidly, yeah they're almost ready now :rolleyes::D cloudy with a surprising amount of amber ones. I lose track of time so bad.. They're both on the flush. Let me just cut to the juice and say HOLY SHIZ! This OG Kush is killer killer killer!! Seriously, everyone who knows me knows that I'm crazy for the Kandy Kush, well the OGK is better. The taste after drying some pieces out over night and after only two days of flushing is phenomenal. It's taken over as my most tasty strain. Stuff is very potent, only a bowl in the vape and I'm ripped to the max. It has a super strong body numbing effect but is also in the head, the high lasts for 3+ hrs and I has a real high tolerance:smoke:. It has a way of making me feel really powerful all over, like I'm about to turn into Chuck Liddell or something. I feel stronger and have more stamina than normal after smoking this OGK. How is it this good I keep asking myself lol. Like it a whole lot, I find much better than the OGK in my area from dispensaries and on the street. I don't know if it's because I grew it and put so much love into my plants or if it's this pheno I have or what, but it's so good right off the plant. I can only imagine how good this stuff will be after curing for a few months.

Really creative high from it too, it brings on a flood of thoughts. Already came up with 3 multimillion dollar ideas, been vaping it daily for a few days now. Really, I came up with two ideas for a couple movies that would be blockbusters and also a new product! This OGK is a life enhancement, really brings out the best in me.. Lol it's good, real good. :smoking::smoking:

Pics:

OG Kush:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Dr. Grinspoon:

[​IMG]

Northern Lights 5 x Haze:

[​IMG]

Kandy Kush Clone:

[​IMG]

15. Beautiful nugs man. That was the kind of smoke report I was hoping to read about the OG, I'm super excited now. :smoking:

16. I fully agree. Everything looks top notch bro! And your review of the OG has my mouthwatering. I can't wait for mine to finish now!!:hello:

17. Heh thanks bro, that was just a quick rundown, I'll get a full report up soon. You should be excited, stuff is amazing lol! :smoking:

Thanks man, yep you're gonna love it no doubt. Cant wait for you guys to try yours. :cool:

Thanks for stoppin in guys, good to get some interest in this grow. Guess I could have added strain names to my journal title, but I don't like google bringing so much attention to me, so I decided to leave the strains out of the title this time around. More updates soon!

18. Gotta bump these pics. Man you are representing that DNA/RP the way it deserves! It amazes me that well grown strains from them look so much like the breeder pics, even mine. How's the yield compared to the KK?

You know it is a matter of time before people here realize we are paid endorsers of DNA...:D I just can't brinf myself to buy anymore seeds ATM, but my short list is no longer so short.

I'm watching this one very closely. Great looking buds.

19. Good shit with the OG.. How much room you got for that Grinspoon ? See that the flowering time is 90-100 days.. Are you gonna put it under 12/12 immediately ?

20. hey bro!!!! glad to see you are still doin your thing and making it looks too dam easy :) How you been?