Hypothetically what real life situations could potentially trigger World War 3?

Discussion in 'Pandora's Box' started by ZioKyo, Aug 2, 2018.

1. I have a few ideas..

1. Russia invades the Baltics: The reason is obvious.

2. China fires at US Navy in the South China Sea: The reason is obvious.

3. India-Pakistan War: US backs India and China backs Pakistan.

4. India-China War: US backs India.

5. China-Vietnam War: USA backs Vietnam.

6. China-Taiwan War: US backs Taiwan

2. I don't think America would ever back India against another major Asian power like China or even Russia. Not with direct military support anyway. I also can't see America going back to Vietnam for any imaginable reasonable. Technically Taiwan and China are still at war to this day.

I honestly don't see World War III ever happening in the foreseeable future. The proliferation of nuclear weapons has pretty much put an end to direct military confrontation between the world's major powers.

3. Seems like we are on very good terms with Vietnam because of the South China Sea issue. I could see us supporting them in some way. Same with India I doubt with miltiary support but giving them lots of weapons? Maybe.

Chicago Tribune - We are currently unavailable in your region

40 years after fall of Saigon, Vietnamese see U.S. as key ally

https://www.firstpost.com/world/ind...on-donald-trumps-india-visit-yet-4873591.html

4. no mention of north korea? id say something going down with them would be the most likely trigger of WW3 in todays present climate. i dont think its likely tho.

also i agree with the other poster that said nuclear weapons have made major wars highly unlikely. if you nuke a country that also has nukes, youre getting nuked back. so essentially nuking is pointless. nuclear weapons are just a chess piece used by the major powers.

the real worry with nukes is if a rebel group somehow gets their hands on some and sends them off without any regard. thats the only real scenario in which i see nukes going off anytime soon.

5. Fast food restaurants are banned.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Russian backed rebels in Ukraine overthrow the government in Kiev, resulting in unification with Russia. This causes skirmishes with the EU, in response Russia blitzkriegs the Baltic's and America steps in to try to maintain the west dominance in Eroupe.