Hydroponics

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Big Poppa Puff, Sep 3, 2003.

1. BB and Ebb& Flow are probably cheapest and on the same level as aeroponics during the Veg phase. For bloom though nothing can touch Aeroponics. At least in my educated opinion.

2. Sorry to interrupt your "smart talk" with this stupid question, but what exactly is hydrophonics? So far from what I've gathered its pretty much putting seeds in a bucket of water, pumping air through the water, filtering the water, and harvesting before the plants get too big for the bucket.... Since I have a feeling this is wrong can someone clear it up for me?
    Thanks

3. has any ever tryed hydrophonics outside ? can it be done? if so did you get any good results from it

4. I am thinking about making a wick hydro system.

my question is what is the nutrient solution consist of?

5. are there any good books out there for hydro growing. Every review that i have read on hydro books says they are trash. Plus is ther anyone out there who has done a hydro grow with feminized seeds instead of clones??

6. Honestly to me, hydro is real simple as long as you THINK, logic is a beutiful thing just follow nutrient instructions on bottle and maintain genereal pH (easy) you get good stuff. not being an idiot and thinking about what your doing is really prolly the biggest thing, and dont be affraid to ask, because some HAS already head the same problem as you in most situations, its just a matter of find and communicating with them

7. wish you were about her ehere often +rep yeh he speaks volumes

8. ive a mate who is as daft as a brush can even take the cap off the ph meter :mad: but i always make excuses for him:cool:

9. I have never grown before... period. I was thinking of growing indoors in a small bedroom using hydroponics. I have been doing some research and came across some hydroponic systems on landmsales.com. Has anyone ever used any of these systems? Are they easy to use for beginners? Which of these system would you suggest for beginners? Please be very specific as I am completely new to this Any additional info would be greatly appreciated.

10. yes actually i have and there pretty sweet. the drip systems are foolproff, and order plenty some extra nutrients and pH kit

11. Okay I am a beginer at growing and I have been doing my research a lot.. I have found that Hyrdo seems to be the best bet for me.. But I just need one question to be answered even though i know it will vary with the types of plants you grow but what is the average time to grow weed through hyrdoponics? And how much faster is it then growing in soil?

12. its not reallly much faster but your growth and yeild will be almost if not double of soil...Your plant will get bigger faster in veg in hydro too soil meaning you would be able to switch to flower a bit sooner..

13. So you would strongly recomend the Hydro system? Or would you just rather choose the plain old dirt and light :p

14. I dont play in the dirt but i know a few great growers that do..i do organic out side but the only dirt there is what was there i add compost and other stuff.i grow hydro with water and coco inside....
    Its a prefernce thing and you wont know which you prefer till you tried them all..
    Hydro needs a bit more money to set up but once you bought it you got it and its easy enough...go with the hydro wether its coco or water its all good..

15. I Need Help!

--OK- The problem is - I ph the water/nutrients to 6.0 then by the next day(24hrs) the ph will raise 2 points to a 7.5 then again the next day. So what exactly is the problem here? I know that during flowering the ph will raise as it has in the past but this is kinda extreme dont u think? I'm not a beginner at growing but i am new to the hydro style. My set up before was aeroponics style, (misters in a contained bin) and i got wonderous results with very little nutrient problems, but the maintence was too much for one person. Everyday i would have to check the misters for clogging. So i decided i wanted to try a setup without any chance of cloggin. So i went to an nft hydro style. Bucket with pump runs water thru 1/2" pvc then into 4 seperate 4" pvc runs which are 5' long. Which all run down into a gutter and thus back into the bucket. (I use metanaturals organic nutrients) Any help would be gratefully apperciated.

16. HIGH All, welcome to The City Riddius....for Hydro your PH should be around 5.4 to 5.9...don't know why the drift...what medium do you have your plants in.

My PH is 5.4 and it drifts up to 5.9 to 6.0 and then by that time it's time for a change.

17. Thanks for the fast reply- I do ph it to a 5.5 but it seems to settle at 6 for the most part and then climbs over night. I use 2" net pots with rockwool suspended in 4" x 5' pvc runs. The rockwool doesnt touch the water at all only yhe roots below the wool touch the water flow. So i dont think the conditions of the wool would effect it. Maybe? Liek i said im new to this style/technique . So i, trying to work out all the bugs. BIg Up's -

18. Hey guys, I'm ready to get my first grow going. The only thing that is slowing me down, well besides OG being shut down, is I have no idea how to use my GH 3 part nutes. Well it's moreso that I don't know how to add them to the resevoir. How do you all go about mixing the nutes and in what order? I have read that some mix them in a gallon container or whatever and you are supposed to put one kind in before another and then test the ph of that water and add them to your main res. I am really confused and I would have started already but I have been waiting on OG to get started up again and then I found out they it had been shut down. What should my initial ppm reading be? I am starting with seeds. If you all need to know anything else just ask. I have 3 30 gallon resevoirs and one 10 gal. Thanks guys!

Ponics.

19. There is a sticky called Charts thread in this forum look for my post with links
    there is the feeding schedule for GH floura 3 part series in there, easy to follow and use.

I had same problem with ph going up rapidly over night sometimes even in hours..

After adding my Nutes this all regulated itself, i changed nothing else.... i now set to 5.5 and it goes highest to 5.8-5.9 and like Unoit said by that time 10-14 days its time to change the res water anyways.

20. Mixing your nutes.

follow the chart and calculate how much ml of each you need.

When mixing put in Micro First (ALWAYS!!!!) stir it up so its all mixed in good
    then put in any of the other 2 and mix inbetween as well. DO NOT USE METAL OBJECTS TO STIR WITH, PLASTIC OR WOOD ONLY... PLASTIC BEST.

If you have trouble calculating nutes for each week let me know i can do a quick week
    by week nutes for you, you just have to provide me your res capacity.