HydroPonics.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by RedSorcerer, Apr 19, 2008.

1. HydroPonics.

I'm going to be ordering a whole bunch of crap tomorrow, and wanted to get the city's opinion on some of this equipment. Anyone ever have any experience with StealthHydroponics?

[​IMG]
    $89.99

[​IMG]
    2 X = $100

[​IMG]
    $195

[​IMG]
    105 Watt X 3 = 315 Watts
    $79

2. why not build it your self for 1/5th the cost?

http://forum.grasscity.com/general-indoor-growing/121335-lets-build-bubble-bucket-step-step.html

that isn't correct math. if you read the bulb it says "out put is LIKE 105 watt" that bulb is most likely 20watt or something, if your going to use CFL's thats great, is it for moms? or veg? or clones? I'd buy a shitload more than 3 (use the money you save from building your own buble buckets)

3. I'm sorry to inform you that you are mistaken. They are 105 watt bulbs that put out a 400 watt incandescent equiv. Therefore, 3 of them would make up 315 watts, roughly 39000 lumens.

I'll definitely take a look at the self-made hydro idea though, thanks =]

4. Isn't stealth hydro that place that just builds homemades or is it someplace else? There's one place that supposedly just builds DIY stuff they sell.

5. Do not buy the first item up there (the Bubbleponics Kit).

I am using it and it takes as much work to get it going properly as it does to build your own at half the cost.

-it is not big enough to support 6 healthy plants, 2-3 is the max

-it allows light into the reservoir

-you could build your own at half the cost

That's my 2 cents. Check out my grow journal for all the trouble I've had with mine.

6. Nah, you must have it mistaken with some other place. StealthHydro's pretty good about their shit.

7. So allow me to clarify guys.
    When building these hydroponic bubble buckets and the six screen system, all it really is, is a pot filled with water, with airstones connected to an air pump at the bottom of it, feeding air to the roots? That's the wonder of hydroponics?

8. And yet another noobie question, the little balls used as a growing medium in bubble buckets and hydroponics systems, what are they, where can one get them, and can you just stick a rockwool cube with a clone in it in the middle of these bubbles and watch it grow?

9. Why would a company all about stealth hydro have their slogan on the sides? kinda suspicious and unstealthy, aye?
    :):):)