HYDROPONICS VS. SOIL – ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Urban Garden Supply, Feb 5, 2015.

1. An oz.......ounce?.....of nutrients......cmon tell the truth....i dont even believe a quart!!!!! Hahaha

Search my threads i throw down plenty of pics....

2. It is a pissing contest....pretty simple.

who can piss the farthest with the least amount of money OR resources.

3. #43 str8jacket, Feb 6, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2015

I don't have plants "in a window".

And what is your idea of "get serious"?

Where are those pics, Mr 'im the greatest grower'?

Less than a qt. That was a typo. I answered you previously when I said less than 3 quarts (or even 1qt).

So, you have a problem with charitable people who use technology to help poor starving by converting their farms to something that produces 3x more and is sustanable with less cost than the old farm?

Hot house tomatoes have always been crappy compared to tomatoes in season. Long before hydroponics was involved.

Not all out of season tomatoes are greenhouse tomatoes. A lot of them are shipped from Chili and other South American countries (grown outdoors in the dirt).

Vine ripened hydroponically grown tomatoes are just as good as any other vine ripened tomatoes.

7. Im not the greatest . .fastest....most profitable.....top shelf.....all words that come to mind though.

LOOK UP jedi kush or deathstar for current info and pics

So we both use 1k bulbs.
    You use 40 dollars less in nutes and i calculate my medium in the 400
    We get pounds off lights....nothin special
    What was your start up cost?
    Electric?

And just to be clear this is 1qt of water additive nutrient from clone to harvest per pound....including making the clone?

So piss away there hotshot. Where are the pictures? What counts as money and recources?

9. What did it take for you to make a pound?

All food is different using different amount of water

I told you to look up my grow ops hot shot......people pay me $100.00 an hour to come in and tell them how to tweak a grow. I QUIT BECAUSE I HATE THE TAX MAN!!! i would rather 100 people learn how to grow bomb b4 i die than make a million and give half to the GOV.

Ill say it again *you want pics go to my thread......NOT AN AD WITH "MISINFORMATION"

10. #50 AugustWest, Feb 6, 2015

i know the difference..
    as someone who's been in the food business for 30 years, i have to disagree with your opinion on the taste of a hydro tomato over a garden tomato grown in season. I think any chef worth their weight would agree with me.

but it's just that, an opinion.. what tastes good to you, may not taste good to me.

11. This is part of the reason GMOs will save the day. Saving water, land, and lives through science and making nature behave in a more humane way. nature on its own is cruel, and heartless as beautiful is she is.

Well, aren't you just a legend in your own mind.

I told you. Less than an a qt for flowering and much less than a qt for veg. I use GH nutrients (different ratios of three parts for different growing stages).

"I told you to look up my grow ops hot shot....."

I'm not looking up anything hot shot. You're the one getting up on a soap box thumping your chest and bragging about your great growing skills. Post a pic or 2.

13. I hope wholeheartedly that mother nature and man can adapt to mans abuses of mother nature.
    To say hydro saves the world....is simply wrong.
    To say hydro is more cost effective. ...is wrong.

whats good for a wetland is not good for a desert.

As i circled above b4 the pages of text....we must find the mlst cost effective way for a person...family...community. ..to feed themselves....not the big companies. Which know whats up....they know to change the plant not the medium

14. #54 greenthumbs21, Feb 6, 2015
    So you use less than a qt for veg and qt for flower....cool

Electric bill?
    Water? You said it....didnt state if you make clones with that amount
    Medium?
    Start up cost buying tables......?

I am a legend in my own mind.....i know....itll stay that way....would you like me to define the word professional for ya?

Im a true indoor grower. ...no "i use the window" or "i put them outside to purple"

And i am in school for more knowledge.....not hippy folktale....and will run laps around most.....and the doctors replaced my foot....if ya know what i mean

15. And b4 you say im dumb and im an indoor grower and dont know what im talking about...answer this vvvvvvv

How do we put hydro in the sunlight and make it cost effective for the poor? Maybe no electricity....maybe drought.....maybe alkaline water....

does a hydro system work on a rainy week? Or does it just blow mold everywhere?

So, I put in a skylight and a larger window to bring the sun in and that makes me not a 'true indoor grower'?

Using sunlight and LED instead of HID lights, my electric savings alone keeps my cost per lb way lower than yours.

What a pompous self important blowhard.

I won't be responding to anymore of your bullshit.

17. #57 str8jacket, Feb 6, 2015

Do the research yourself hot shot. You're letting your knuckles drag.

18. #58 greenthumbs21, Feb 6, 2015
    You cant respond because you cant come up with hard numbers....its not your fault....Just a lil ignorant......wooooo! YOU USE SUN AND LED!!!!!

yet you cant calculate

Gram per watt
    Water bill
    Nute schedule
    Clone routine
    ......on and on

Please dont respond with your misinformation anymore! Tell people the truth

My brothers girlfriends Chinese neighbors cousin grew pounds on an e&f table using the window and led on a mover with 2 qts of nutes too!.....you da man!!!!!

Ok, I found your thread.

And THAT is what you use to back up you blathering babbling chest thumping?

That WAS a good laugh.

20. #60 str8jacket, Feb 6, 2015

I can calculate any and all of that. I am an engineer.

You are an obnoxious blowhard, and your thread that you are so proud of is not the least bit impressive, and has nothing that backs your 1 lb per 1k light claim.

After seeing your thread. I don't believe a word you say. I think you are just a poser. But that's just my read.