HYDROPONICS VS. SOIL – ADVANTAGES AND DISADVANTAGES

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Urban Garden Supply, Feb 5, 2015.

For flower, about 75-85 gallons (depending on temperatures), and for veg 35-40 gallons.

You don't have to have 'fish in the res' to keep the water oxygenated.

"How bout chemicals?"

As I already said. I use the same nutrients that soild growers use. The same simple compounds that complex orgainic compounds bread down to. Your insistance on calling nutrients "cemicals" like there is something different because it's hydroponic only portrays a stubborn ignorance on the matter. Everthing invloved with growing plants is chemicals. Organic ingredients are chemicals, they are just different chemicals.

Water is a chemical. Its chemical formula is H2O.

You clearly have the entent to bash hydroponic growing (based on conjecture), and you don't mind spreading misinformation to do it.

2. Im all about misinformation......same chemicals......how much?.....i use less than 3 qts of stuff per pound or .9 per watt total.

LED lights? I thought we were talking about greenhouse/outdoor hydroponics farms in starving 3rd world countries.

Solar powered LED lights. Now that is funny.

4. You know what i like more than my misinformation....

Telling people one way is the way of the future without telling the truth.

then what i really love!!!....is when people FAIL trying this new way and get pissed off at the whole industry. Because some PRO told them the more money you throw at it the more you get.

HOGWASH

I will take you at your word that you are not affiliated, and I apologize for the spam accusation.

6. Well you have to plug an air stone in soooooooo?

I was just giving another example of cost effectiveness.....hydro is young like led.....people expect too much.

Still waiting on that chemical answer........

7. There is a vast difference between synthetic chemicals and animal byproducts of industries (like the meat industry) marketed as organic nutes and what comes out of an animals ass and is composted by worms or heat.

I think Green meant synthetic vs organic when referring to chemicals.

3 gts of stuff? what is stuff?

Any volume comparison is ambiguous, unless I'm adding the same 'stuff'.

To answer your question, I don't use anywhere near 3 quarts (or even a quart) of 'stuff' for a batch (more than a lb). I use minimal nutrients. I find that a large percentage of growers (both soil and hydro) use too much 'stuff' (IMO).

I'm not sure what the ".9 per watt total" has to do with how much water is being used or how much 'stuff' is being used. What does wattage have to do with it? That sounds like getting on a soap box and bragging.

Anyway, I use sunlight suplimented with LED. Very little wattage used.

9. .9 per watt is the product of the light you use and water and soil and nutes.

1qt kool bloom
    1qt liquid karma.....like 6 oz actually
    1qt soil pro botanicare

Less than a qt of stuff per pound....nice!!!! Whats your electric bill? Per pound.

Mines 200 bucks~ per LB.....it cost me less than 400 total for a pound of good and a pound of crap......dirt..water..nutes..light.

10. Lmao another one on an indoor grow forum using sunlight

How many hooked on phonics mother fuckers are on here?????

11. that's cool, did you check out the bucket?

You have to 'plug an airstone'? That is an extremely naive/uninformed statement.

No large commercial hydro farm uses 'airstones' or air pumps. Water gets aerated through circulation/movement through aerating devices (like a babbling brook).

I've been growing with E&F tables from 2'x2' to 4'x4' for 15+ years and I've never used air stones or even an air pump. An E&F system aerates as the water as it drops down the overflow chimney.

"Still waiting on that chemical answer........"

Still being unnecessarily pompous and arrogant is more like it. I think I answered that question more than once.

It is clear that you have an agenda to bash hydroponic growing, and you are spouting misinformation to try and accomplish that agenda.

13. Oh god....youre still talking a pump.....electricity......think POOR PEOPLE.....a PUMPLESS wick or e&F system in the sun is great.....so figure that out for the person thats 200 miles ON FOOT from the nearest market with no electricity....

Never shit a shitter.......how many chemicals do you have to buy to put into the the water chemical to make a pound with you electricity bill?...its not rocket surgery dude! Simple numeric answer.

Quit beating around the bush.....i told you what it takes and what you get with soil....ill show you pics if youre like me.....a picture book person.

I got your "hooked on phonics mother fucker" swinging.

I'm on the indoor forum because I grow indoors. Not in a greenhouse, a house house, in a small bedroom.

I get sunlight through a skylight and one window. There's not enough sunlight with one skylight and one window to grow much of anything. Thats why I supliment with a LED panel on a light rail.

Where am I supposed to post Mr Hall Monitor?

Maybe you need to get hooked on phonics, asswipe.

15. Both of you guys need to chill. For us bystanders its an interesting discussion til one of you drops to the others level.

Be the bigger man, let the other one act a fool.

Im enjoying the table discussion as well as air pump alternatives fwiw. Tryin to learn somethin between your vulgar outbursts. Crikey :hide:

You keep switching from large scale farming to feed the starving people to personal growing and mixing and matching my answers out of context as you see fit. Stop being a douche.

It's two completey different animals, and I have responded to your claims and answered your questions regarding both.

17. Naw man....You're all good.....i put plants in my window too.....doesnt mean thats an indoor grow.

You should take the plants out of the window and ditch the led and get serious....but thats just from a young idiot i guess

18. This is why we are flip flopping.....my idea is not to give the large commercial farmer the power like we do now.....its for the everyday man to feed themselves...until we figure out non electronic hydro.....how is the every day poor man have a chance at self sustainability?

The ad clearly shows aero tubes....definitely electric....so are automatic e&f tables

Attached Files:

19. a fight over whether hydro or soil is better?

never thought i'd see that on GC lmao..

both have their purposes, both are good if you know what you're doing..

all the fancy charts and graphs in the OP (who obviously has something to sell) really have little to do with the smalltime weed grower that this site caters to.
    seems more like a large scale thing, where hydro would be beneficial to feed so many people if the soil isn't adequate in that area.

but growing 6 weed plants in your spare bedroom is a different story..

as far as food..

those hydroponic grown tomatoes at the grocery store are horrible, and have little flavor compared to the ones grown in season in soil. That's pretty much a fact if you know anything about food.

I told you. I use less than an oz of nutrients added to the water to flower one table (more than 1lb). That is using a 1k HPS, before I moved and set up a new grow room with skylight. I've just gotten started in the new setup, but I'm using the same amount of nutrients. I suspect yields will be better than with a 1k HPS.

"ill show you pics if youre like me.....a picture book person"

Sure, I always like looking at pics. Why, is this a pissing contest now?