Hydroponics question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by stevox23, Dec 9, 2008.

1. Anybody use 2 hydro systems for same grow (1 for veg stage, 1 for fruiting stage)? I wanted to know if it was possible to transfer a root system (in a rockwool cube) between systems (my fruiting hydro will be an ebb and grow system) and if anybody has any suggestions for a potential vegetative system? Thanks.

2. Basically you got 2 grows happening and you want to transfer the veg grow to go straight in the flower system ?( with plants already in the flower system ?)

3. Why would you want to?

Why not buy 2 identical hydro systems and either switch the lights or literally move the entire system?

Or, if you had a system like this (see picture)... You could simply buy 2 and move the pots from room to room.

I wouldn't want mess with the roots half-way through the grow. Seems like a big risk to take when there may be a better solution.

Good luck.

Attached Files:

4. Mad4Reef, I totally agree with you. In fact that's obviously the ideal situation (and that is the ebb and grow system I planned on getting) but they're 480 dollars a piece. I would ideally like to use the system for both veg and flowering phase but I don't see a way to do it? Any suggestions?

5. Can't really do it because plants in flowering require different nute dosages than plants in veg. That particular system has one res. You could just chop it in half, get a 30ga rubbermaid for a 2nd res, buy a pump.. etc.