Hydroponics: Nutrient Solutions

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by bluefrog, Jan 2, 2007.

1. Hello all, I would just like to preface this by saying that I did look up my question using the search button but could not really find a good solid answer to my question.
    What I would like to know is what nutrients should I use? I realize the auction is ending very soon but just as an example... would something like this be benificial, or is there 2 or 3 bottles of other stuff be sugested?
    http://cgi.ebay.com/HYDROPONICS-ADV...7QQihZ017QQcategoryZ43555QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    I just bring these up as an example for what I was considering.
    I have ordered several different types of seeds and plan on doing the mother plant, thing in soil, then cloning, vegging, and flowering in an ebb & flow table which I built.

What Nutrients are the best, and what stages would I use them in?
    What Concentration should I use for the aforementioned nutrients?

Thank you guys, and have a great day!

2. anybody? Im looking to get started next week which means I need to order nutes sometime within the next week just to be safe! Could somebody please help me out here?

3. I have another question as well... would PH Up and PH down for say an outdoor pond work for this as well?

4. Do a search here or elsewhere with the word "lucas".

General Hydroponics Flora Micro and Bloom is all you need from start to finish. (that's right, you don't even need the Grow)
    GH FloraNovaBloom, which is their all-in-one bottle formula, is reported to perform exactly like the mix of micro/bloom.

5. Advanced Nutrients is better but expensive, go with General hydroponics to start out.

Yes pond PH up and down will work just fine.

If you go with advanced nutrients goto their site and they ahve the feed schedule there.. For General hydroponics you can use the Lucas formula like anonymiss12345 said (used micro and bloom only) or follow their feed schedule (requires all 3, gro,micro,bloom)

you will need a good PH tester and a Nutient Wand/Meter

6. go to your local hydroponics growing shop or this website http://4hydroponics.com and buy the general hydroponics tripple pack, its the micro,gro,and bloom

7. i wouldnt recomment the GH FloraNOVA nutrients, stick with the Flora series

8. I love the Floranova series. Its so fuckin simple. The GH flor 3 part is good, but why fuss with a 3 part. I also use Kool Bloom at the end fro finishing. I think the "what nutrient" question is so nebulous. We are dealing with a huge diversity of grows and setups and desired results. Its hard to give a good clean answer. I will say i had a lot of burning issues with Fox Farm in soil and in hydro. i switched to the GH 3 part and the burning disappeared in 1 week. Then i switched to the GH Floranova bloom and its the shit.

9. Exactly.

Simple isnt always better, one part solutions you cant control exactly what you want to give the plant like the 3 part.

Easy way/cheap out in growing is not always the best way