Hydroponics and Food Coloring

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Stryder85, Jan 20, 2009.

1. Lets just say that i add some food coloring to my bubble bucket when i flush my plants out. The plant would absorb it and make the buds whatever color i wanted to make them correct? This is only for personal experience and use, but i was wondering of there would be a negative effect of adding this or if anyone has tried it.

2. damn no one?

3. I keep checking this post for replies too.. :\

Now I'm thinking of doing the same thing.
    it would be pretty cool to have blue weed or something ;)

4. Well i am going to use red and i guess i can post the pics and report on here when im done.

5. I've always wondered this as well. Please don't forget to update when you find out what happens.

6. abolutely NOT! Roots will filter out any die and your buds wont take on any of the coloring.. But they will tase like SHIT... Someone did a test on another forum and came to that conclusion.

7. Buy a blueberry or similiar type strain and let the temps drop to around 60 in the last weeks of flower and you will have nice colored buds.

8. If the plants were affected by food colouring they'd also be affected by the molasses which would turn them black. We all know thats not the case.

9. #9 amoril, Jan 21, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 21, 2009
    doesnt cat urine make bud turn a royal purple?

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. As stated the roots will filter out the food coloring. HOWEVER if you like smoking food coloring and I can promise you it takes like shit. CUT a large finished bud off the plant and stick it stem side down in a cup of diluted food coloring. Everything I have read says it will be absorbed and will add some color to the bud.

11. has anyone ever tried wicking with a sewing needle through the bottom of the stem a snow cone flavoring on a plant to inhibit a different taste???
    there are some really good organic flavors....

12. If you drink a fanta, do you turn orange?

/thread.

(If you do, it's cancer because of the splenda and red no. 4 or whateever... and because fanta sucks)

13. ha ha!

14. It doesn't work through the roots. Try this.
    After harvest take a healthy stem with bud and leaves and put in a vase with water and food coloring. Cut the stem at an angle to facilitate capillary action. Plant will suck up food coloring. A little tiny bit of nutes to keep healthy.
    Food coloring does not affect taste in any way. I've done this for myself many times. We did this with a celery stalk in elementary school in 1960. Does that date my age?
    Greenfrog

15. I was walking through the grocery store and saw blue flowers, I remembered being told that they put them in water with dye in it. Thought about the same thing.