Hydroponic system in room.

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by 72yenko, Jul 27, 2009.

1. So me, and 2 friends are going to start a hydroponic growing system in my room, kinda.
    You see. I live at home still with my mom, But i have the finshed basement as a room, then theres a back room.. maybe 6' X 13', with the sump pump, a " workshop ", the furnace, and a window. I plan on picking up most the stuff this weekend, But first i need to set up the room and i didnt read much on it so i figured ill post it here.

The room is dirty. concrete floors, workshop.

I plan on taking almost everything out
    -Tools / paint / bikes

Then i plan to clean the room
    -Sweep / mop floor
    -Dust off bench, top and bottom
    -Dust of furance
    -Wash the walls.

Anything else i should know? or do?

2. You should probably figure out if your moms gonna call the cops on you or kick you out if she finds it. Other than that you should figure out where your going to put everything before you start buying. Plan everything out before you take the trip to the hydro shop, you do have a decent amount of space to work with tho.

3. No. Acutally my mom kind of suggests i smoke.. you see.. Ive been stressed pretty hard the past year, along with anger problems, a bad temper, and hurting yourself pretty bad, she understands.

and i acutally asked her how upset she'd be if i grew in my room, and she told me

"No dealing in my house. Dont get f@*king caught, and I want no part in it."

Thats pretty much the exact response i go.

I have everything figured out, where it will all go.

4. Seal the environment as much as possible and figure out how you're going to keep moisture out of there. If there's a sump pump in there, it means that there have already been drainage/moisture issues, so make sure you have that locked up. Figure out ventilation, because that's part of it.

5. Well thats a pretty chill mom you got...

Yea figure out your ventilation and moisture before you start setting everything up. Otherwise you will be going through hell during your grow. Most likely youll need a dehumidifier, you can usually find them on craigslist for a good deal. Test your tap water and figure out if you can use it, what the ph and ppms are, and if you need ph down or up.

Read the stickies in the advanced growing techniques section and youll have a better idea of what type of system you wanna run.

6. Okay thank both of you above. We do already have a de humidifer so i wouldnt have to worry about that.

Testing the oh and ppms, That would be tested in the water that goes threw the dehumifier?