Hydroponic Setup In Two Huts

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by adlardo84, Jul 23, 2007.

1. Hey everyone,

I was wondering what you think the best way to grow hydroponically using two grow huts right next to each other would be. I want to have a veg/clone hut and a flowering hut and grow 4 plants in each one. When it comes time I will switch the vegging plants to the flowering hut and start new ones or take clones from a mother in the veg hut. I am trying to figure out th easiest way to configure a hydro grow with this in mind. Will the Waterfarm 8 Unit with the controller kit be able to be used for both a flowering and a veg hut or is that not possible because there is only one resevoir and each of the 4 plants need different nutes (for veg and flower)? Is there a way to use a Waterfarm 8 and get around this? Or should I maybe build a drip system for the veg hut and a ebb flow system for the flowering hut? Can someone give me some advice on this? Much appreciated, thanks!

2. Check out my journal in my sig, I use hydro huts as seperate flowering and veg rooms.

You will need two systems because they need different nutes like you are saying.

3. Awesome GJ Mr. Goodstuff. I want to do a similar grow to yours. I had a few questions for you.

I am thinking that it would be better if I started 6 plants in the veg/clone hut. Then I can choose the two strongest and use those as mothers, put the other 4 in the flower hut. Take four clones and start those in the veg hut. So that means I would always have 4 plants in flowering and 6 plants in vegging. I am thinking that I am better off getting a 600 watt HPS for the flowering hut instead of a 400. That way if I decide to flower my mothers I can put them in the flowering hut along with the four clones.

I was wondering about the T5 fixtures you use in your vegging room. How many bulbs do you have? And how many 3000k and 6500k should I have if I want to be growing 6 plants in veg?

I noticed that you used an ebb flow system, right? I am not sure what I want to do yet, but I was thinking it might be easier to have a table in each of the huts and stray away from using a bucket system. I suppose I could use a drip system for the vegging room and an ebb flow system for the flowering on top of tables. What are your thoughts on this? Thanks!

Grasscity Deals Near You