Hydroponic nutrients?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by naurto75, Oct 25, 2014.

1. Hey guys I am a first time grower, and am looking to start growing. I am looking for nutrients that will be used during the growing process? I am not looking to break the bank, but also want decent quality nutrients. I found these, http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000HY4CLW?ie=UTF8&tag=growwcom07-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=9325&creativeASIN=B000HY4CLW 

But these seem a little but expensive for me, any of you guys have recommendations for a nutrient or a ph kit at a good price, from amazon? 

2. If you go to my grow on the first page I have the box of nutes that I use and it's the same price as the fox farm bottles you posted but it comes with more nutes too. I'm on my first grow and haven't had any issues with it. As for my meter I went all out and got a Hannah water proof combo meter but you can get a ph ppm dual meter set for like 25$ online.

http://forum.grasscity.com/hydroponic-growing/1326685-bubbleponics-dwc-first-time-grow.html/page-3#entry20602506

3. I went with the Lucas Formula which uses General Hydroponics Flora line, only 2 of the 3 are used and they are Flora Micro and Flora Bloom. 
    I'm on my 1st grow so I got them in 4oz (Micro) and 8oz (Bloom) for about $20 total shipped from eBay, since the ratios to use them in are 2:1 (Bloom:Micro). So far I'm seeing good results on my plant, 20 days from seed, and from what I've read this combination can be used throughout the entire grow. You can check it out in the grow in the link in my sig.
    I also got a ph and ppm meter off eBay for about $15 total and so far they're doing their job, I plan on upgrading later of course to something legit like what thebatmanof91 above described.

4. You can grab the general hydro 3 part series off of amazon for around $35 USD

5. I've used General Hydroponics MaxiBloom in Lucas formulation on regular vegetables with success... am trying it now on my babies. I think it's the least expensive Lucas Formula you can make. I went with this nute mix because it can be used for both veg and flower and I want 1 res to maintain for all stages.