Hydroponic Autoflower feeding, help please!

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Sperry141, Jun 20, 2012.

1. #1 Sperry141, Jun 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 20, 2012
    Hey guys, i'm setting up to have my first grow. I'll be using feminised autoflower seeds, and for my growing room i'll be using the Superbox by Supercloset. (Hopefully some of you are familiar with that).
    It has netcups for 8 plants and has:
    A full spectrumLighting System for Full Light Control and Maximum Penetration
    Activated Carbon Scrubber for Complete Air Filtration
    Fully Automated SuperPonics System which grows your plants up to 2-5x Faster than traditional methods by combining Top Feed, Deep Water Culture, Bubble, & Aeroponics
    Adjustable Internal Circulation Fan for “4 Corner” Air Distribution
    Anti-Mold Reflective, Removable, and Adjustable Panels provide optimal light distribution and cleanliness
    I've been doing ALOT of researching and keep finding mixed opinions on what and when to feed autoflowering plants. I've got a general idea to only feed them about 1/4 or 1/2 of what the recommended dose is, but i dont know when to start? do i give them any grow nutes at all? because i know they only veg for about 2 weeks, or do i start giving them bloom nutes as soon as i see the first cotyledon? or the first or second set of true leaves?
    Any help is greatly appreciated!!!!!!!

2. Hi

Sounds like a nice setup you got there, if done my way DWC I don't feed for the first 2 weeks then I would hit them with some veg hydro nutes 0.8EC rising each week up to around 1.6EC then flower nutes I continue to 2.8EC is my max until they are ready to chop.

Some may say my feeding is too low, every strain is different so do your best, start low & try to read your plants, they will tell you.

Good luck dude.

3. Hey man thanks alot for the information! I'll be growing white dwarfs by the way. My grow space is 18" across, 30" tall and 24" deep. Do you think that would be enough to grow 4 white dwarfs under a 200w cfl without a lot of problem? or should i only grow 1 or 2?

4. Hi, 4 plants under 200w CFL I really think is too ambitious, you could grow 4 plants but there will simple not be enough light, plants will be very stretched and buds will be small.

You would have better results putting your efforts, & lighting into one plant, I'd rather have one compact plant with big buds that 4 stringy wastes of time, I'm sure other growers would agree, 4 plants under a 400w HPS is a bit much let alone 200w CFL.

5. How's the grow going?