Hydrogen Peroxide

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by Jobszans, Sep 16, 2017.

1. Hey guys, just changed my DWC reservoir and I was advised to use H2O2 as it my res temp is a bit high. I'm using nutrilife 29% H2O2, just added some at 3ml/gal and she wilted all over instantly. Wondering if this is just temporary shock or if I need to swap my res/dilute?

Thanks in advance, a bit worried here obviously

2. What exactly is the idea behind using H2O2 for high temp? Never heard of this before

Sent from my Telephonic communication device using Grasscity Forum mobile app

3. i would use Hydrogen Peroxide only after emptying buckets to clean them.
    Remember that part of the nutrients uptake process by roots involves bacteria, and what Hydrogen Peroxide does?
    Kills bacteria.

4. Hydrogen peroxide when it breaks down provides oxygen, higher temp water naturally holds less dissolved oxygen, so by adding it to your reservoir you somewhat counteract the effects of temperature. Supposedly.

5. In my experience this can either benefit or be detrimental depending on the strain. Nycd no ill effect, atf it dissolves the roots.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

6. I used it in my coco feeds for fungus control. Has to be very dilute or it's gonna hurts the roots.

7. Reporting back, as I expected it seems to have just been an initial shock mechanism. I'm guessing the plant probably was a little weirded out when all its microbe buddies got zapped at once lol. I diluted the res by half to be safe, but she perked up within an hour or so. I brought the res back to full strength with full strength H202 this morning and she sort of became just a tad less turgid...not even wilting, just slightly less rigid, for a bit and then was back to normal almost instantly. Root ball looks a bit whiter, but that may be wishful thinking....