Hydrogen Peroxide wash at harvest

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by glueberry_crunch, May 10, 2020.

1. Hey all. I'm wondering if anyone here has ever done a hydrogen peroxide wash on their buds at harvest. I saw a Jorge video where he did this, and the only reason I'm contemplating it is because my last grow has been in a musty basement. I'm wondering if there might be a high concentration of mold spores down there, and if so, if it's worth doing a wash.

Also, my last crop got a weird smell after 8 months of cure. The bud was great, but recently, after 8 months, it just doesn't smell good - and the humidity has been regulated using humidity packs. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the grow environment.

spiral out, keep going

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. I used 3 five gallon buckets. One with lemon juice and vinegar, another with hydrogen peroxide and another just water

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Grasscity Forum mobile app

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. I wash all outdoor harvests and even some indoor especially after finding evidence of mites

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Cool, what ratios do you use?

spiral out, keep going

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah I did it once when I had pm. A friend put his mother in the same grow space (seperate tents) which led to really bad air and pm everywhere. Anyway I chopped what I could and used 17% liquid oxy. Can't remember the ratio but something like half a bottle for 50ltr bin. Dipped and dryed. My friend opted not to do it and his was not smokeable. Mine wasn't great but it was clean and not harsh at all. Also helped it dry a little quicker and more evenly. I don't think it has an adverse affect as long as you use it on the lean side. I know some people do it anyway just out of precaution. Feels wierd dipping your buds in water but it really isn't as bad as it seems. Best of luck ✌

• Like Like x 1
  6. Cool - thanks, this is helpful.

spiral out, keep going

7. Do not wash your buds before harvest.
    Unless you have some dank ass bull shit where its totally fucked . Might as well throw it into the trash after you wash it .
    Your washing all the sugar off of it ! This is a really stupid idea .
    If you properly dry your buds after you harvest you would be good to go .
    Instead your washing it and it will take much longer to dry .

• Disagree Disagree x 3
  8. Mites outside ? Interesting . Usually mites love the inside due to never getting rain bad weather,
    Here mites outside is never an issue but we get a lot of nasty thunderstorms
    problem is the cold weather here when will it warm up

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Yeah as a side note I'd agree with Bryan. I'm a novice but unless it's pm or something right at the end and you have no other choice. I wouldn't play around with it. Was def a last resort for me in desperate times.

10. Where I would disagree is that you will wash all the sugar off. THC isn't water soluble and that's why this works. If it rained 2 days before harvest would you throw it away?
    I'm a novice but I have done this and the sugar most certainly remained ✌ just my 2c

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Bud wash cleans leaves and stems of debris. Whatever is stuck on the trichomes stays there unless you remove the trichomes.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Wrong

spiral out, keep going

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  13. Lemon juice 1 cup to 5 gallons water , baking soda 1 cup to 5 gallons water, 2 plain 5 gallons of water.
    All natural and won't strip your trics off!!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Always wash my buds and never have looked back since washing them!

Framia’s pic is worth 1,000 words.

Do you want to smoke bug shit and dust debris and other random shit? No ty. As S2C mentioned, I’ve even washed indoor harvests cause of a few bugs.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. Thanks. What kind of solution do you use?

spiral out, keep going

16. #18 Nex420, May 11, 2020
    Last edited: May 11, 2020

I’m a 3 bucketeer as well.

lemon juice/baking soda/ h2o2 for indicas primarily / warm & cold water temps.

On most of my sativa strains; I’ll opt away from the hydrogen peroxide. Just depends on the grow and what occurred that season really. For example, at the end of my recent harvest, we had alotta rain and the buds were very well rinsed for my liking , therefore I didn’t add h2o2 and I was very pleased with the smoke.

Also have to add that I didn’t have to spray for anything during flower outdoors, even my regular BT I didn’t employ, so I wasn’t concerned with much of the residual of that either.

17. So just to be clear here. You believe that outdoors grown weed is thc free due to it all being washed off by the rain.
    Come on now mate. Thought you knew how to do this stuff?
    Most outdoors guys wash their buds. Dont wanna be smokin bugs n dirt do you?

18. Do you find you get a lot of agro on here mate? Your tag sounds like your calling people an idiot. Sure ive reacted to it before. Say that to someone in glasgow and youll get stabbed lol.