Hydro x 12???

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by bchydroguy, Jan 28, 2010.

1. Growning hydro with a 12 pot flood and drain system. When doing a water change do you guys clean out and drain the inch of water in the bottom of each individual pot and the control bucket completely? Also is it normal to see orangish brownish crap in the bottom of the pots? If so what is it?

2. I grow in bubble jugs and have for a couple of years now. When draining your old fluid don't worry about getting every drop out. Thats why when growing hydro always run pure h2o after every other draining. What you are draing is burnt up nutrients - salt build up - a little salt won't kill anything as long as you are replacing it fresh mixed hydro every time. Don't mix hydro and let it sit unused unless you use a airstone to keep it fresh oxinated. Hope this helps. Remember, there is a reason for everything.

3. Right on bro thanks! Haha my last grow i got lazy and didnt clean that crap out but once and my yeild was lame...