Hydro WIlma 4 Pot 1st Try Please Help!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Squidgey, Sep 7, 2007.

1. theyre lookin REAL healthy!

2. Thanks Bud!:) They're going beserk! :yay:

3. LMAO im also going to flower early so its ready by christmas!! How much are you expecting to yeild?

4. Less expecting...more hoping that I might get minimum 2oz off each plant. I think that's a reasonable minimum. Really I would prefer 3oz plus each...you never know! Rabiez has some experience with the ferts I'm using so his presence here looking out in case things go wrong is a godsend. I have high hopes that this will be a very successful grow...I'm getting excited because they look great..just got to keep it up!

5. Also, though they are really bushy so it's easy to miss: don't forget they are being fairly heavily LSTed, so they would be maybe 2 or 3 inches taller without restraints!

6. Small amount of paranoia about a white kind of "blister", quite small on one leaf. Keeping an eye on it...I'm worrying about the dreaded Spider Mite. Here is quite a useful link for plant abuse/problems/bugs:

http://www.icmag.com/ic/showthread.php?t=11688

7. Thanks awfully.

Sort of, but not as such. I have a TDS thingamajig instead.

OK. My wotsit uses a 0.7 conversion rate, so that would be 980ppm, which strikes me as quite high. Still, the plants are obviously thriving on it at the moment, judging by the colour and your comments about growth. They certainly don't look like they want it any hotter mind.

There's a word of caution to be added here; when you're pushing anything to its' limits, the slightest miscalculation can have catastrophic results.

These things are usually based on RO water with 0ppm.

Mmm. Seems fairly reasonable for my situation on a light feeding schedule, but the normal or heavy schedules would crispy my current strain in no time.

I use Canna on my main smoking crops, and I usually err on the cautious side at feeding time, to make sure I get my stash. I've never used Substra though, and I've never grown White Russian, so I shouldn't rely on me too much in that department.

Especially given my current blasé attitude to torturing and murdering plants.

All the pics seem to be a few days after LST, showing the plants with a decent amount of stem pointing upward, thereby shading itself.

How often do you update the LST?

Pic?

8. Hi Rabiez, thanks for the input.....

The last two days have seen some LST...before then it was err maybe every 2 or 3 days. I've done some today and will include a bigger pic here. The stems and the plants a very strong! And they seem quite resistant to LST. What I mean is they are really stocky as well...so I can feel I have to pull them down quite hard. Last grow I damaged a main stem, so this time I am being a little more gentle. Ah, gentle but firm that's the way with teenagers! :D Well I guess the appearance of pistils would be more teenage!

Ah, I see. I'm incidentally using the light feed..but at...well I said how much I'm using above.

Intended for tap water they say. I think it's also called "Hydro" for some reason...same stuff.

Gonna do two now........

Attached Files:

9. Sorry I have to swear:

AH FUCK!! Now I can see the macro pic that does look a bit spider mite to me....

10. Turn that leaf over and have a nose at the underside. If you have a magnifier of some description it would help.

Mites look like little dark specs, and their eggs are often more visible as little white globules alongside the spine of the leaf.

If you find them, rub the leaf between thumb and forefinger to squish them, and check the rest.

Then use SpanishFlys' Garlic & soap recipe, or fork out for some neem or similar.

11. Got another one:

This is the underside of that leaf

Attached Files:

12. Not too clear I'm afraid, but I think I can see an egg..

13. Hmm.

The damage (light patch) looks too big for spidermites; They are very mobile, and usually leave little pinprick sized dots all over the place, rather than one big splodge of damage.

14. I do see white dots on the first pic. It's all too late I made the evil mix already...plus that's not the end of the over-reaction: I ordered some Neem as well :p

Reading down that thread some posters imply that the mix shifts other bugs too, so fingers crossed. Neem I think is preventative too so I will probably use it once whatever...

15. ebay <sigh>

Anyone heard of this stuff called No Mite? That's what they sent me instead of Neem Oil which I actually ordered. If you know it and it's just as good please let me know

16. Sorry Squidge, haven't heard of it. Let me know what you find out about the mysterious spots though.

17. Is it maybe a brand of neem oil? The bottle I bought the other day just looked like a classic generic package and just said "neem oil" on it lol. If it isn't, maybe call who you bought it from and send it back?

18. Help_Needed that was a great post in your journal, I enjoyed reading it. I didn't reply cos I don't have much that's sensible to say....if you can afford it get that HID!! But be warned, you will have a whole new bag of fun to deal with keeping the temps down!

And I vote you go for White Widow.....you'll be sitting down for a while if you smoke that stuff though cos it's KILLER strong if you get it right ;)

The insecticide stuff I'm told has exactly the same stuff in it as the other stuff, but you get more for your money. I think Mr. Goodstuff may well be right on this issue though. I got freaked because elsewhere in the house some (normal) plants have been attacked (and in one instance completely destroyed) by some sort of bugs. The one that was destroyed had a webbing on it so that was enough for me to panic when seeing the slightest blemish on my plants. Mr. Goodstuff mentions potential leaf burn from foliar spraying and this is very possible, as from time to time I have foliar fed Epsom salts.

Thank you both for the input: what matters is that there is support there from our friends when we are growing, because your friends will look at stuff calmly while you freak out :D

19. I know the feeling. Especially reading the journals of more experienced growers. Sometimes I feel like just saying "Hey, I was here!" lol.

Yeah, unfortunately it may turn into a choice between the hydro hut, and the HID. Money's a bit tighter than I'd like this month. Maybe I'll get the hut now, and by the time I'm ready to flower I'll have enough for the HID.

Hmmm...sounds good. And I can go with femmed seeds if I do white widow. Saves the anxiety of having to wonder how many will turn out male.

Sounds a wee bit fishy to me. For what it's worth if you have true neem oil you can spray it on your plants as a preventative, since it won't hurt your plant. Just don't use it too close to harvest heh.