Hydro WIlma 4 Pot 1st Try Please Help!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Squidgey, Sep 7, 2007.

1. (Well remember I'm still a noob myself!) So far yes. The advice came from Mister Postman who has a number of highly successful grows under his belt. I hear what you are saying about the salts build up. If I see any nasty problems from stuff I have dumped in the res, believe me I'll be changing the water as soon as I possibly can.

It's like they always say on here..."Your plants will tell you how it is!" At the moment mine are loving it. Mr. Goodstuff claims that using tap water (for example) is OK in veg but "it's during flowering the problems start." I hope he is wrong in my case, but I will be watching closely.

This Lucas thing is doing my head in! I've entered data into the calculator thing, but it doesn't seem to tell me anything....alternatively I have a Canna guide which calculates EC/PPM etc and reccomends amounts for the size of res and so on. I use that and just use half of their amounts to be on the safe side.

Bloody Lucas...he's like the Mad Professor or something! :D

After what has been said about salts build up, I don't really want to add any more Epsom unless the plants look like they want it. The amount I put in was again even half of what Mister Postman was advising!

2. Thats good, i went ahead and added some epsom as well, it seems to really help with the plants healthy mg appetite!

3. Hope it does the job mate. I put mine in about a week ago...but no more since, and I don't want to put more in unless there are signs again

EDIT oops I think I echoed:D

4. hey squidgy. just thought i'd let you know how my wilma grow is coming on. i try to take a couple of pics each water change.

20 days into flowering now, 50 since seed and another 45 days to go :-{

looking healthy, stinking my flat already and have a shit load of buds appearing everywhere. Just trained them today, hence the plastic trellis on the walls.

so what ya think?? cool huh

Attached Files:

5. They look fantastic!! Great job...I'll have to find your journal!

Lucas when you went to 12/12 did you immediately switch to flowering type lighting (HPS or the different colour cfls) or did you leave the vegging lights in for a few days?

6. Tell you what getting results like that with cfls is astounding!

7. I'm far to lasy to keep a journal. should start one tho really.

honestly, you wouldn't believe how simple i keep things.

i only use the 125w fluro tube for a bit of side growth, and rotate it now and again. i'm running a 600w hps too!! i wish i could grow like this with 125w, save a fortune on electric.

from seed, i germinated and grew for about 2 weeks, about 3 inches from the canopy under the fluro, then switched to the hps, about 1 meter above the tops and moved it down a few inches a day, till the fan leaves looked happy.

transplanted them into the pebbles, left them to establish some roots for about 2 1/2 weeks (which grow sooooo fast with sativas) then just changed the cycle to 12/12 - simple as that!!!

ps, hps is splended for veg and flowering, fluro for neursery stages

i have only used 4 nutrients since seed. Haven't had any problems so far so keep your fingers crossed for me.

The pictures really dont do it justice, there is so many buds developed, and still 45 days to grow, can't wait.

8. Absolutely!! :hello:

Just been looking at cfls...I got a really cheap blue one....but I quite fancy a high power (200W) Envirolite for flowering. I was actually thinking of getting two! One for the reflector in the corner, and one to hang without a reflector in the middle of the plants. Bit worried about electric with a 400W HPS as well, but, well more light should help.........hang on a minute.......I'm using the LST method so why the f*** do I need a cfl in the middle!!? Ahh..hmm..well...mm...I'll have to think about it, but I just have a hunch it might be good to have just more light!

:rolleyes:

9. hey squidgy. I'm going to undertake the mammoth task of working out my power consumption for a crop from seed to harvest. I've had a canceled lecture and have nothing better to do.

here goes.........

Im paying 0.06p kwh .

-------------------HPS (600W)-----------------------

2 1/2 weeks 18 hrs per day (vegging) --- 0.6 kw(600w) x 0.05p = £0.036p per hour,

18 HOUR PRICE PER DAY : £0.036 X 18 = 64.8P
    12 HOUR PRICE PER DAY : £0.036 X 12 = 43.2P

20 days veg = 64.8p x 20 = £12.96

63 days flowering = 43.2p x 63 = £27.21

£40.17 FOR THE CROP

----------------FLURO(125W)----------------------------

fluro. 0.125 kW. ; 0.125 x 0.06p = £0.0075 per hour

24 HOUR PRICE PER DAY : £0.0075 x 24 = 0.18p
    18 HOUR PRICE PER DAY : £0.0075 X 18 = 13.5P
    12 HOUR PRICE PER DAY : £0.0075 X 12 = 1P

10 days 24 hours - 10 X 0.18P = £1.80

20 days 18 hours - 20 X 13.5P = £2.70

63 days 12 hours - 63 X 1P = £6.30

£10.80 FOR THE CROP

---------------FAN(28W - 125mm)---------------------------------

0.028 W X 0.06p = 0.00168p per hour.

24 HOUR PRICE PER DAY : 0.04032p

93 days, from start to finish = 0.04032p x 93 = £3.75.

£3.75 FOR THE CROP

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

sooooo (finally) for the entire crop;

HPS - £40.17
    +
    FLURO - £10.80
    +
    FAN - £3.75

========== £54.72 PER CROP (i've ignored the water pump because its not on enough to bother working out)

I'd never suggest doing it, but when you condider how easy it can be to get a bar+++ off your setup, the electric is fairly insignificant.

peace....

i might post this somewhere

93 X 24 =

10. Wow!! That puts things into perspective!! Thank you for that! My costs should be similar...I only have 400W, but I have an in line fan as well as the desktop.

Last time the electric bill was horrific. Caused a bad day between me and the missus! I paid it...but that was even worse because I paid it with a credit card and my other half (bless her) is trying to encourage me to get out of debt. But I think the thing that really did it was the dehumidifier I used at the end. I'm convinced the plants hated it and I think it ate electricity.

Are you a tutor or a student?

I teach...but I'm paranoid to say too much ;)

Lucas that was really helpful..thanks!

11. final stage student, but i'm considering academia , depends if i can be assed to get a job next summer!! ;}

you could even sell your crop to your students !! that'll get you out of debt no problems!!

12. Haha :laughing: shh!!

NO GC it's for personal...it is it is it is! It's only four plants...can't yield that much can they ! :eek: ;)

13. you'd be suprised - not that i'm suggesting you become a dealer, but...

as i said last time i got 8oz from 2 1/2 plants.

i really dont understand why people put 15 plants under a 400w light - its just too much effort.

with your setup and devotion i'd say 2 1/2 - 3 oz per plant is well within your reach.

i'm sure you've bought enough bud in your time to work out how much thats worth!!

and i bet it'll be stronger and sweeter than most of the crap you can get these days

14. Lucas that's exactly the result I'm hoping for! Last time I got just about 3oz off 3 plants and wasn't too pleased cos I knew I could have done better. This time I'm determined!

15. 75% indica last time - check it out

ps i dont sell much, i smoke ALLOT, and it's saves me thousands

Attached Files:

16. Nice one man!! Yes mine is Indica, really squat plants...but still I insist on LSTing the poor devils! ;)

17. Might update soon so this next statement can be put into context: the bad news is that I have to go to 12/12 at about October 1st. This is a bit early as that will only be one month from germination. I think it's supposed to be at least 4 weeks veg..and veg is said to begin from the first two proper jagged leaves.

I have to do this to be able to harvest and have some for Christmas. Hopefully I will get away with it

18. *Pushes market barrow into thread*

"Sweatbands! Isotonic drinks! Deodorants in a spray!
    If you've got stress needs bustin' ma'am, then I've got just the way!
    Stress-balls! Stress relievers! Odd squashy things to squeeze!
    Fragrant oils for massage, and aromatherapies!
    So roll on up and get 'em, and all for just a shillin'
    If this thread goes like the last one did ;), I'll make a faahkin' killin!"

:D

Hello maaaate! :D :hello:

Nice thread.

Your plants look great.

I'm sure you won't turn away another opinion, so here's the few things I remember you chewing over through the thread:

Canna nutes are (particularly amongst UK growers) widely and reasonably well regarded. They are designed, and developed specifically for cannabis (as the name might suggest :rolleyes: ), although their published feeding regime could be described as 'somewhat on the hot side', which I suppose is only to be expected these days.

"Bah! When I were a lad...." :mad:

As far as feeding goes, these 'formulae' or 'regimes' are useful for commercial grows, but in our little bedroom grows, that we visit several times a day, it makes more sense to 'listen' :p to the plants, and give them what they want, which in turn helps you 'know' your strain, which should hopefully lead to bigger and better yields.

In theory. :D

I should probably admit that I currently have 3 (no, 4) plants in mini-bubblers, which are being grown in straight-out-of-the-tap water, pH 7.8 - 8.4, in the name of science. They've got as far as budding with no ferts or pH correction, and still showed much faster growth than my soil plants.

It's a bit early to draw many conclusions from it yet, but I'm gonna use it in this case to back up my 'Don't worry, be happy' mantra. ;) :D

With me everybody....

"Ohmmmm..."

:)

19. ...funny to the extreme!

Well folks pull up a chair cos this is where this thread gets quite a bit more entertaining....

Rabz...I'm almost speechless with glee to see you...a very warm welcome to Squidgey Hydroland...

Ahh I can feel the calmness already. I did actually burn the faahk out of my last grow with the bloom ferts...I'll know this time! This time if I can actually bear to leave my garden alone for a few hours (was some good telly tonight), I come back and it seems to have grown noticabley...it's just a joy!!

Rabz...surely you have one of those EC gadgets? Well mine reads 1.4. ...oh by the way I got a Canna fert calculator from a website..you install it on your PC and it calculates the nutes to put in and ppm etc, while it's secretly communicating with MI5 of-course. It tells me my ppm should be less, but I use one quarter A + B and half everything else so gawd knows. They are happy though..posting pics in a sec.

Linkage if one cares to partake of interestment:

http://www.hydrohobby.co.uk/erol.html

Yeah I thought so....:rolleyes:

Day 25 From Germination:

Oh godammit PC not co-operating back in 5 or 10 to post pics......

20. What a performance!! Had to totally uninstall and start again..grr

Well looky: Behold the growth:

And, check the last one out for roots on a mission for the res...omg Triffids!

Attached Files: