Hydro WIlma 4 Pot 1st Try Please Help!

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by Squidgey, Sep 7, 2007.

1. Gimme five minutes.....:)

2. Oh sod it. Sorry the battery has gone in the camera....have to be tomorrow. Sorry man. They do seem to be growing fast...I'll show ya tomorrow. Night, night, it's 3.10am here and I have work about noon.

Where's that bloody charger...

3. Supplimentary Update Day 18 from seed:

Attached Files:

4. I'd skip the epsom salt and just use the Lucas formula, it will keep all nutrient problems at bay for ya Squidge, trust me :wave:

If the nutrients you are using aren't doing the biz I would suggest switching- it was the best decision I made in growing since deciding I should do it in the first place :D

5. Well Canna are quite well regarded, so the result should be good hopefully. Cost me a good few quid so I can't waste what I bought. Remember I only added the first nutes at the weekend and they are responding nicely. (one quarter strength) Next time I buy some ferts though that is what I will do...the Lucas thing!

Can I get your opinion Mr. Goodstuff? If plants respond well to a small amount, do I then increase that amount (put another quarter in) after a week, or do you think I should be more careful and wait longer? I guess it's all down to ppm....I'm still getting used to all that! (plus I broke my meter and am waiting on a new one)

6. Somewhere there is a spreadsheet that Lucas developed that will help you calculate the right amount of nutes for other brands besides GH. Unfortunately I only ran across it in passing while I was browsing another forum, and I don't remember where I saw it.

If you can't find that, you might try looking for some literature published by Canna and see what they recommend for a fast growing crop like tomatoes. The program won't be perfect for MJ but it will be a good bit better than just random guess work.

7. is that two holes that i see in one of your leaves?? and the tips on one seem burnt, is this a light issue or a nute issue?

8. I could help you out a lot with that if you were using a different formula, but I don't want to fuck up your plants. I would say if they aren't hungry don't feed them more for now, they'll tell you when it's time to turn up the heat or when it's too strong.

I have left over advanced nutrients worth at least a hundred dollars and I will not use them anymore for hydro. Compared to this formula, they are too expensive and do not allow for the ease of use I am looking for.

I hope you can get them to work right but please consider shelving it man, at least until you can find a canna expert with experience using it with marijuana. It could cost you yeild trying to figure it out, when you could just use a tried and true method until then. I'm not saying never use canna again, but consider using something you know works until you can be confident it will work the way you are looking for. Just a thought, I just don't want you to be frustrated when you don't have to! :wave:

9. what problems with ad nutes have you encountered in hydro, ?

10. Check out my journals, phosphorous deficiency two times, even using R/O water the second time. I'm not sure what the fuck I did wrong, but with the Lucas formula it doesn't matter anymore. It's simple, inexpensive, and effective.

It'll take AMAZING results in my future tests using these advanced nutrients correctly for marijuana for me to switch back. I'm talking twice as big buds, and I know it aint gonna happen, Lucas already reports damn near a gram a watt using no additives.

Makes sense too, it's getting all the nutrients it can handle without all that extra stuff. Trust me, I don't ever go cheap unless it works better than the balla. :) which is extremely rare, but it happens...

11. Ah, you're good to me you lot! :)

Don't forget I'm still a bit of a noob, so dumb question coming up: any chance of a link to or description of the ferts used with the Lucas method so I can check it out for cost? I may have enough money available by the time flowering comes to switch. Just use canna for veg. I can't deny I DO have a continually rising pH and that can't be good.

Guys, thanks! :hello:

:gc_rocks:

12. hi squidgy.

i was online talking to you a few weeks ago when we both needed to know weather to use flood or drip on cocco pebbles, im growing with a similar setup ie, 4 pot wilma etc. just wondering how your doing? you seem to have started again, did your crop go belly up?
    Any way, just thought i'd post you pics of my crop, show you how its coming on. im 12 days into flowering, growin dutch dragon, which is 75% sativa, which is a pain in the ass because i have a 2 meter height limit, so im gunna have to start training them pretty soon.

Attached Files:

13. Hi Lucas, thanks for coming over! With hydroton flood is definitely the way.

It's going OK mate but I have some rising pH issues. Used some epsom salts to positive effect.

Your plants are looking great...please remind me which ferts you are using? Have you had any pH troubles?

14. And no this is the same grow as before. I had only just started when we talked. I got the CFL, you can see it now on it's side in the photos

15. yeah i still got my fluro up for a bit of side growth too. -wicked arn't they. i had abit of a runt during veg and it really helped it catch up with the beastly ones.

all i'm using is iconic boost and bloom - thats it!!!!!!
    i have been varying the dilution to compensate for low humidity, but i havn't added any other suppliments as of yet.

to be honest i just do my best to keep it simple. i was £4 short of buying an ec trunchon a few weeks ago, and i'm quite glad i was. My plants look healthy, there are so many flowers starting to emerge all over, and theres still 50 days to go!!

Once you start finding things slighty off, the suppliemnts you add can do so much more harm than good and cost plays a big part to me.
    As i told you last time, i had 8 1/2 ounces of sweet, better than what youd get from your dealer bud from 3 plants, and 1 was seriously stunted, that was just by keeping an eye on them, if something looked wrong, i'd look it up on plant sickness guides, besides i cant really afford to put much more money in

16. flouro tubes dont give off much heat at all but gives off the right growing spectrum, thats what makes them ideal for the nursery stages so your not really getting any use out of your light in the corner.

It might be a good idea to just hang it about 5 inches to the side of the plant in the back left hard corner, coz she seems to be a little slower that the others. its a good idea to get them all the same size before they start shooting up, to it'll be shaded before you know it. that was my downfall last grow.

17. Oh yes I hear you....I've had a nightmare trying to position that thing just right! The little one is a week behind the others as one of my seedlings died and I replaced it. I favoured it with the cfl to see if it would kind of catch up :rolleyes:

I'll have to have another go at positioning that light

18. you could ditch the reflector for a bit and just hang the bulb a couple inches away with some string tied around the tubes. its not hot enough to burn it, mines been like that for about a month now.

19. The angle of the photo is fooling you a bit cos I looked at it and the bulb is about 5 inches away from the little plant. Might well be worth a try to take the reflector off though

20. still, setups looking good, plants looking healthy. i really wouldn't worry to much about ec. theres so many factors which effect growth, but their really resiliant. but looking good.