hydro unit nutrient temp

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by dagobaker, Jan 19, 2009.

1. ok have this new hydro unit with 16 plants top feed with 70% perlite 15% coco and 15% clay pellets
    i have an aquarium heater on lowest setting but still has the nut. solution at about 78 degrees
    is this too high?........i took out the heater and will see how low the temps go

Attached Files:

2. Personally i think thats way to high, i think the nutrient temp should be around the 20-25 degrees

3. Wait, what?!?!?

Sorry guys, but where in the hell are you getting these numbers? 20-25 degres? Not F I hope!

And you have a heater in your rez and the water is already up to 78 and ya think that is too low of a temp???

Wow - please, use the search feature and read all you can.

4. Must be 20-25 C.....certainly not fahrenheit. Its hard to pump ice.

5. it is at 78 F with the heater..........wondering if its too high?
    its set at the lowest possible......
    im running the light 24 hours a day and the unit 15 minutes every 2 hours......
    if i shut the heater off i was afraid it would go too low........ill find out tomm how much lower it will go

6. I try to keep my res at 65-68 degrees F.

7. running 60 degrees with and 78 without.......will my growth slow at 60 degrees?

8. Sorry to go off topic, but I was told to only turn on my hydro unit 2-3 times per day for about 30 minutes each time. You water this often? What should I do for 12 plants?

9. 68 is the optimal res temp for hydro. Any more decreases the amount of DO (dissolved oxygen) and affects nutrient uptake.

10. im running about 64 degrees.....still tweaking