hydro system

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by jah421, Feb 4, 2010.

1. so im planing on starting another grow but this time with a hdryo set up ive grown befor indoors but with soil and decieded this time i wanna doit better and not have a dirty mess i was wondering if anyone could sugest good systems that i could get for cheap im just lookin to grow 3 or 4 plants ive found a hydro store down the road that sells systems but i dont know if there legit ones? Please help :wave:

2. how much space do you have for the 4 plants???

3. Hi..

I use the General Hydroponics Waterfarms, but the setup is not cheap. You can check the link in my signature for some great modifications you can do with the waterfarms.

Good Luck!

4. #4 jah421, Feb 5, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 5, 2010
    its about 3 in half feet tall and almost 4 feet wide its gunna be in my closet its not hidden or anything its just the only good secure place i can grow

http://www.airlinehydroponics.com/cgi-bin/store.pl?item=480
    this is what i plan on getting im going to be growing lowerider/ak47 and im gunna get two systems and 2 plants in each insted of 4 in one

5. Doesn't say how big that thing is, but it looks pretty small... 4 grown plants are gonna drink alot of water, and you're gonna be filling that thing up every other day. Sucks with the amount of vertical space that you have though....

6. i dont mind im useally home all day so illl keep a close eye on the water levels

7. in that case, i'm sure they'll get lots of love!

8. How about a aeroponics setup ? With a reservoir you could make it real low profile . With the roots going horizontal

9. I had the same thought exactly... but this is the 'how-to' i followed and prefer. by rumpleforskin... I only have two of them, and only one plant growing as a trial run so when i'm ready i'll use them to perpetually veg a couple mother plants. The plant i have in there is way outdoing the 10 plants I have in my ebb and flow system.

http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/121335-lets-build-bubble-bucket-step-step.html

10. sweet thanks i might try to make the bucket insted of buying the system

11. see, at that point I would just go with good ole Deep Water Culture (DWC). I've done many different systems and for just a bucket system I saw no difference in my plants that I had in the areoponics verses the DWC. Its MUCH cheaper too. All you need is an air pump, stone, bucket, and net pot lid.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. dam niice man that plant looks good
    im just worried that im not gunna be able to put it together if i make a home made one is it difficult?

13. Its not difficult at all... I built two of them with ease. Rumpleforeskin has a very detailed how to build one... its easy to follow and has all the directions, tools and items needed. I think he even has a description of the nutrients he uses and how. See the link from my previous post for his thread

14. It's very simple, just follow the instructions in one of the two links provided, they are step by step. :hello:

15. #16 jah421, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2010
    awsome thanks man i plan on buyin the materials tomorrow ill post pics of it when im done
    are there any materials that are more difficult to find then others?

16. well my bucket only had an air stone in it, piece of cake!

17. #18 WhenInRome, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 6, 2010
    No man, not at all... you can find everything at Home depot, lowes or any other local hardware store and for the airpump, bubblestones, airtubes and that sort of thing go to walmart or a pet store with aquarium products. should only take a few minutes in each store and you have everything you need

Edit: forgot... Nutrients, net pots and hydroton you'd have to get at a local hydro/garden shop

18. #19 jah421, Feb 7, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 8, 2010
    i went today and bout the system from that link and its pretty solid i havent set it up yet just waiting for my seeds to get in so i can start a grow journal

what are some good nutrients to get?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]