Hydro system***********

Discussion in 'Advanced Growing Techniques' started by Drozkie, Feb 1, 2010.

1. i gotta hydroponics system, ill tell you what exactly what im using in the next post

2. im using a 75 watt grow lamp CFL, regular potting soil, to get roots started, i made a hydro system outta fish tank, looked how to make one from youtube.i got miricle grows bloom booster flower food its water soluble, will that be good for the nutrition for the hydro? , i need to know if this set up is gonna remotly work, even a lil, please post your knowledge.

3. Bump!!!!!!

4. Get some rock wool or rooter plugs. Starting in soil then moving to hydro will be a mess and the soil I believe will mess with the pH if it gets in your tank. I suggest another 75w lamp for flowering too. Be careful with that miracle grow! It loves to burn plants.

5. whats the first two things you said? and where can i find them? rock wool and rooter plugs, what are they for? and how am i sposed to grow hydro without planting in soil first? can sum one break down the whole procedure in retard terms, imma newb grower so please dont use abbreviations or slang, so i know what im dealin with! thanks

6. dude look around tons of info outt here in not tryin to be a dick but WHAT IS ROCKWOOL? will get u slammed on ne forum get the book horticulture bible by the man jorge ceravantes keep it in the shitter and youll be ready to grow some mj in a few months theres so many newbs that try and fail because of one thing they have know knowledge do some reading online and in books then start poppin some seeds the more u know before u start the better ur results will be
    so u know ROCKWOOL/HYDROTON \PERLITE/ VERMICULITE/COCOA/SOIL are all growing mediums that require different maitnence and techniques find what fits u the best and go with it some people go from soil to hydro ut in my experiance its a pain in the ass and a mess on top

7. ok i know what they are, wich works best? idk ne thing about hydro ive only grown organic, im not buying a book or ne thing, i got the net. and everyone be usin crazy word terms, most of which idk.

8. Rock wool and rooter plugs are what you start your seeds in in hydro. You got some serious sticky reading to do my friend. I suggest you gain a little knowledge before you start asking a lot of questions because you will catch flak from a lot of people and will get a lot of responses like "read the stickies" instead of the ??'s answer.

9. that pisses me off, i just want my Q answered, theres too much crap to read, and i dont know where to find the rite stuff. cuz i just have a cppl questions. most the posts dont answer me. dude seriously i went to every gardening place in town, and they didnt kno wtf i was talkin about, n told me to look it up on the net, but hell its no help, cuz i guess ppl will bash on me for asking a Q, IDGAF. really i dont, so answer my damn Q please. its freakin simple!

10. k, im gonna get rock wool, what nutes do i need for the hydro?

11. Rock wool
    [​IMG]
    Rooter plugs
    [​IMG]
    They might not have these at a normal garden center. Check a hydro store or online. Getting snotty will get you no help on the city. Honestly you need to study like you 're in school or you'll have a fucked up grow if it gets that far. I used the Ionic line last grow but using fox farm lineup this time.

12. thanks alot bro, for real, you have been the most help on here, i dont mean to get shitty but everyone is like "dont ask questions like that it will make ppl bash u" idk lol i kno imma newb if i wasnt i wouldnt have to ask stoopid questions like that, i dont like to feel like a dumbass lol, but thanks alot, if you have any tips for hydro growing feel free to drop um here! can u get the other nutes at a store? not the fox farm. i need one i can buy at stores.

13. u can get nutes at your local hydo store

14. We were all there once. I know the search function here isn't the best. My advice is hang in the journal section. BUDSLiNGER,Myles117,Sergio,LBH,ShaggyGT,DoinYODA and a lot of others have a lot of knowledge to share.

15. Drozkie you need to do some reading first and I know people told you that before but you should at least read some kind of Hydro 101 to get an idea about hydroponics.

There are different types of hydroponics:
    -aeroponics
    -deep water culture
    -drip (top feed or top irrigation)
    -ebb and flow
    -nutrient film technique (NFT)

Whenever you talk about hydroponics you need to specify what kind of setup you are talking about. Otherwise we cannot help you with your question. For example, you could ask me what kind of equipment you need for hydroponics and I could tell you "you need air pumps and air stones". Well, with aeroponics that stuff would be useless.

16. #16 Drozkie, Feb 3, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2010
    omg lol thanks for explaining that, its bubble stone and air pump is my setup. its makin more sence, ive read hours of these stickys, and searched across the net for alot of things i have trouble with, but i cant get hydro info for shit, NO HYDRO STORES AROUND that i know of and the organic stores are old folks so they dont kno n e thing most of the time!