Hydro Sudden Death

Discussion in 'Sick Plants and Problems' started by DrFlum, Mar 26, 2015.

1. #1 DrFlum, Mar 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 26, 2015
    Hello!

After almost 3 weeks my plants died one by one almost over night!

They started looking sad and wilting one after the other. As I looked into the tanks the ones wilting didn't seem to suck any water. The day after this first sign of illness they were practically dead.

As they first started to wilt I could see on the lower bigger leaves they were getting dry and loosing it's green color to a more bright green.

The PH levels has been abit high from time to time but as i get the PH down to 5.8 or so they should recover? To lower the PH i dropped the PH Down directly into the tank, and in the beginning lowering the PH was easy and didn't require many drops. But in the end it could take a lot of drops to lower the PH.

I wonder if the roots in the tank suck up the PH down directly before spreading in the tank? Can they do that? Should I mix my PH down in a cup of water and then pour it in the tank?

And also , how sterile should one actually be when using Flo gro's?
    I used a wooden spoon to sometime mix in the tanks. Maybe I contaminated all the plants.

Really I dont know what's worth bringing up here, but if you have any ideas and questions please ask or share with me!

EDIT:

Strain - Critical Kush
    Nutrients - HESI
    I used Root Complex, SuperVit and Growth.

/DrFlum