hydro store do or dont

Discussion in 'Security' started by Soxfantony773, Feb 23, 2012.

1. theres not a hydro store anywhere near me. ill probably only have one chance to go for a while. would it be okay to buy every single thing i needed to grow from seed to weed, including lights, fans, medium, ferts, a timer, ect. in one visit to the gro store? it doesnt take a genius to realize what im up to. another concern is driving home with a car-full of grow supplies

2. i would lots of hydro farmers out there that dont grow weed especially now that its winter would be safe

3. It is completely legal to buy stuff from a grow store doesn't matter what it is. Most thing's needed to grow weed are identical for growing tomatoes or peppers. Currently me and my wife are doing Hydro Big Jim Peppers and Hydro Tomatoes. I have thought of this same theory many times however not once has it ever become an issue or concern. Most people in hydro shops are more then willing to help and not blink an eye. Hope this helps

4. True that hydro stores only sell legal goods, so no laws broken by shopping there. However, definitely have been cases where cops staked out the parking lot and ran license plate numbers or followed someone home, and now they have a suspected address in their sights. From there they utilize any number of ways to get around such formalities as search warrants (like the infamous "knock-and-talk"). People have gotten busted due to a chain of events that started with bringing themselves to the cops' attention by shopping at a hydro store.

You can buy everything you need online, much safer that way. Local cops have no way of getting at your purchase records that way.

5. amazon.com!

6. Only issue i see with purchasing stuff online at least in my past experiences is the high shipping costs. I currently am in the market for a 250HPS or 400HPS and shipping is outrageous because of the weight. Maybe with smaller orders here and there it would be more economical. But i guess when it comes to security you can not be too careful..

7. yeah , online is the way to go...
    got all my stuff on ebay , 10 times cheaper than any headshop or hydro store...

8. Shipping cost < Bail

9. #9 jbrother, Feb 23, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2012

Chances are if you are really that worried cops are gonna follow/track you if you are going to a store outside your own area they probably won't track follow you outside their own jurisidiction because they could not make any bust or take credit easily at that point. If you live in another city I doubt they care what your doing... Others will disagree I am sure. I have had plenty of run ins with cops and from what I have seen is this.

In a large city no one cares including cops you are faceless and nameless unless you stick your name and face in front of theirs. Look normal and act normal in public goes a long way to remaining anonymous to anyone. We do not live in a "hello" and friendly city world in America for the most part. We keep to ourselves including cops who are most likely already overworked from layoffs and a down economy. This is no guarantee of course just my opinion.

In smaller areas. If you don't live in this area and you are not in a small redneck/whitetrash village they don't want to know you or see you because it costs them money and time for the most part of which they have plenty of time and usually no money. I came from any area like this as a kid before relocating to more urban areas. Cops around there totally ignore you unless you live there or make yourself visible. They would rather sit at the boat launch and sleep than bust you in that town. Sure of course this is no guarantee either.

In the end you have one choice either go to the shop or don't. There are other ways to get stuff. I use both stores and internet based on price NOT what the cops think.

Please don't do anything you feel uncomfortable with. This will just cause stress you don't want as you start a new grow. I would think about what makes you feel safest and do that and ignore most other opinions including mine. YOU have to live with the decisions you make so make them wisely.

I know the hydro stores here in this city are so busy I would doubt anyone cares at all. I was in one last week and there was a cop in there in his uniform buying plant stuff for what looked like bonsai. No one even looked at him twice they just don't care here. Medical states are different as well for these types of stores now as their business increases hugely. Makes me wish I owned one...

10. i bought my 250w off amazon for like 160$ just upgrade to amazon prime it gets your free 2 day shipping. get everything you need and then just cancel it.

11. Htgsupply.com has 400 switchable ballast, bulb n reflector for $119

12. lol i already used the amazon prime trick around xmas time. and idk their prices arent too bad take a look. Brew & Grow - Grow

13. i would order from HTG supply, and get it all in one big shipment.

HTG has amazing products, and cheap as hell. Luckily I have an HTG store local I can go to (im a med patient, so let the cops follow me :)

they have everything you need and more, and i guaruntee you will save tons of money. This was you also pay just 1 shipping cost, instead of shipping costs of 15 different things from amazon.

I love amazon, but if you want to buy everything in one swipe ... i highly suggest HTG supply

14. ^This. If you search for your items at Amazon, there is a good chance there are a few suppliers who participate in Prime. I was going to do this but decided to keep the Prime account because it is $79/year and I will likely buy much of my stuff through them since I don't have any good local suppliers.

15. its 79 but you get free 2 day shipping for a year on top of amazon video waybetter then netflix period

16. thanks newB i think ill just risk it. i live all the way across town so if someone is gonna follow me itl be a long ride lol.

17. maybe go and buy the bigger heavier stuff in person and buy the smaller stuff online?

18. solid idea i think its what ill do. my only reservation with getting it shipped was getting a bunch of big boxes sent to my house.