Hydro store caught on fire today

Discussion in 'Real Life Stories' started by DemiseInDisguise, Oct 4, 2011.

1. I drove 30 minutes to go to the hydro store today. It was a nice ride though, so it wasn't bad. I pull in and there are three guys working on a meter on the side of the building. I drove slowly past them, just watching them. All of the sudden there was a loud pop with a bunch of sparks right into the face of one of the three guys, and he hit the ground with his hand covering his face. There were more pops. They sounded like a really loud back fire on a car and they were accompanied by sparks. I would call it a mini-explosion.

The one guy who got the explosion in the face seemed to be alright. His face wasn't burnt and he got up. They ended up going behind the building and as soon as the first guy hit the ground, one of the other ones had a phone out. I parked and went inside and the guy said that they were having electrical problems and right as I was about to tell him he should get out, another worker came in and said to get out because of the side of the building was on fire.

I went back outside to where I parked (a clear view of the meter that was blowing up) and observed. They explosions had stopped, but it was emitting a dark gray color. At this time a cop was pulling up so I dipped out. As I was waiting to turn left back onto the main road, the ambulance and fire truck and a few other fire department vehicles were pulling up.

I don't have a phone so I've got no pics. But I couldn't believe what I had seen. I've never witnessed anything like that before. It was indeed pretty crazy, but shitty at the same time because that round trip was a waste and I'm going to have to go back tomorrow if they are still there haha.

2. sounds like some pretty cool shit 2 see stoned

3. Wow. I’m glad you are okay. Sounds like you had a hell of a day. I hope these guys were licenced electricians otherwise the store can kiss its insurance good-bye.

I’ve never seen anything like that IRL, but it did remind me of this:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uszeuKRobGY]Stoned Fireman !! - YouTube[/ame]