Hydro set-up

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Budsticky, Dec 6, 2012.

1. I can't set up my set-up inside my house so I am going to make a shed(small nothing fancy just so people don't see it). I live in Florida, so it doesn't really get cold. Should I put a water heater in the water to keep it at room temperature? This is going to be my first time so I am pretty dumb when it comes to this. I hear hydro set-ups give great yields and grow quicker. What is a faster strain to grow? How big do you recommend it should get for an above average yield? What lights are best? ANY HINTS ARE HELPFUL ONES:)

2. No heater in the res unless you want root rot and a problematic grow, plus man fla is hot as balls so heat wouldn't be an issue anyways. Get a res chiller or keep some frozen water bottles in your res to keep the temp at 70 or under.

Yield is a toss up bro no one can answer that.

White widow is very noob friendly and is a big yielder.

For lights, depending on how many plants your gonna grow and the demensions of your shed I would go with either a 400w or 600w digital ballast (you can get a 600 for 250$ that's complete with reflector both MH AND HPS bulbs hangers a timer)

Hydro is easy if you keep it simple! That's the key word, simple.

Where in fl are you bro? If you don't mind me asking.

3. South FL so hot here man.

4. I'm south of Tampa, how south are you bro?

I feel you on it wing hot, not only is fl hot but the humidity will murder your ass lol

5. Tampa is like 4 hours north

6. :
    ok ok im gonna assume your in the lauderdale area, not to far from me bro :wave:

7. yeah pretty close lol is a carbon filter necessary? Good one to buy?

8. depends on your straina nd growing conditions. My last grow wasnt very "skunky" so i got by without one. I mean when i walked in my house it smelled like someone just smoked a bowl so a little air freshner took care of that problem, they smelled when they were rubbed or touched then it reeked.

I would invenst in a CAN fan/filter combo. You can usually find them for under 150 and they will handle whatever smell you throw at them.

No it's not neccesary (depending on your circumstances of course) yes it would be a good idea to pick one up.

ps Sarasota Area here bro :hello:

9. Nice okay do you mind looking at a plan I am going to draw up? I'll draw it and post a pic soon

10. Let's see it man.

11. I will prolly upload it in a bit

12. Some parts are hard to read, I know but the bottom left is 2 fans for getting air IN, there is a cloner next to it. LED 400v light hanging. bottom right is a fan for circulating air and then the growery. The top right is a fan for getting air OUT using a CARBON FILTER. Everything look good? miss anything?

Attached Files:

13. Looks good man. What are the dimensions?

14. 4x4x6, sound good? Since its LEDs I shouldn't need much ventilation other than that right? What do you suggest for the walls? Use that Mylar stuff correct? Or should I just get insulation( ones with shiny side)

15. I would just build a frame and put mylar or panda film around it.

You'll only need enough ventilation to refresh the air in the box/tent every 3-ish minutes. At 4x4x6 youve got 96cf. 96/3 = 32. So, you really only need a fan capable of 32cfm. Obviously, that number goes up when you add on a carbon filter. At that point, you really just need to make sure that your exhaust fan pulls enough cfm to pull air through the carbon filter.