Hydro seed planted in dirt?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by BigD210, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Okay so my buddy, we'll call him Bob, just came back from Colorado visiting his uncle who supposedly has a large hydroponics grow with a bunch of different high quality strains. Bob came back with a baggy of about 10 seeds that are apparently from his uncle's high quality plants. Bob already grows regular bud in his back yard (he lives out in the country). He takes good care of his plants but it's still just reggie, nothing special. So the question is if he plants these new seeds in the dirt with his other weed and takes care of them as he does his reggie, will it still be considered high quality bud, or just more reggie?

Hope that question makes since. I don't grow the erb, I just smoke it so this is not my area of expertise. Thanks.

2. just to help clarify a bit here, a seed is a seed and will grow the best bud it can given its genetics and environment. i had some seeds from some dirty mexi brick weed that turned out nothing like what i had smoked previously. if he gives them love they should all produce some dank buds.

• Like Like x 2
  3. So that means theoretically if I took a bunch of seeds (lets just say white rhino seeds) and tossed them in the dirt with a bunch of seeds from some shitty reggie i got down the street and grew them all the same, you probably wouldn't really know the difference between the white rhino and the reggie?

you really should take a reading comprehension course...

seed GENETICS will determine most of the factors when given equal growing care in any medium...

• Like Like x 2
  5. I didnt come on here to get bitched at bro, I was just trying to clarify cuz he said that his dirt weed grew good bud so I assumed that meant the opposite was possible with good weed. Take a class in communicating tactfully before you get on a forum tryna give people advise homie. Leave the little kid shit at home.

6. ^this^ You can grow dank regs or low grade white rhino. Depends on how you grow it.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Are you one of those kids that call marijuana grown hydroponically "DRO?" UGH, my stomach turns when I here some young punk talking about the latest batch of "DRO." Hydroponic marijuana is no more potent than marijuana grown in soil - hell perhaps even less so. To me, and I know I am going to piss in a lot of hydro growers Cheerios, but to me most hydro weed taste acidic, like drinking water from a metal container - battery acid taste. I am sure this is due to improper flushing, but I will sacrifice a little yield to achieve superior flavor and aroma.

• Like Like x 4
  8. A seed is a seed, plant it where ever growing is happening.

I'm confused by the post above me. Seems to me that with your stance you would want "dro" to simply be short for hydroponics, regardless of potency. Using dro as slang for Good is where the frustration would come in to play since it makes the presumption that good = hydro.

Don't take this as sticking up for either grow medium please. As far as I'm concerned weed is Good, top notch, or garbage regardless of what grow style was used. Everyone else can keep their 20+ different terms for weed and their strain names even honestly too.

9. Yeah that is what I meant. These kids think hydro = killer weed regardless of any other factors.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Look homie I'm not a kid first of all. second, yes I grew up calling good weed 'dro' because that was the slang everybody used. Do you get angry when people call cigarettes 'squares'? I do that too, 'but they're round! they're not squares!' I understand that not all good bud is hydro and not all hydro is good bud. You can't get upset over a slang term.
    My point in making this post was that my friend grows all of his bud in plain ass dirt. He doesn't use any special techniques or anything, just plants and waters the shit and let's mother nature do the rest. His uncle has a hydroponics system that apparently grows some very good weed. I was just wondering wether it was genetics or growing technique that was more enfluential in the quality of the buds.
    People seriously, nobody gets on a forum to be bitched and nagged at by trolls. Chill the fuck out homie.

11. I don't think I have been called a "Homie" since 1993.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Ah I love Mr. Caesar. Anybody else agree that he's just the smartest guy around?

I love confrontation via comments and emails.
    Just makes my day! Haha

RIP Big D!
    Julius straight up killed me with that one!!
    ( –_–)

13. OP,

Doesn't matter the medium, the seed will produce the best bud the grower knows how to produce.

Nvm the guys who shout My Organic/Non-organic grow is better then Your Organic/Non-organic grow.....they just need to justify all that money they blow on their grows. Invariably they are the ones who buy all the additives, whether it be a full Advanced Nutrients line up, or 12 different kinds of guano& specialty EWCs.

Good luck on those "heritage" seeds

you say "homie" and want us to think you are  not a kid.... :laughing:
    then call people trolls, insult their knowledge (while your are a master of ignorance) on genetics and growing...

btw, you haven't been BITCHED at yet skippy...just been bitchslapped in the ego...have a toke and learn to pay attention. :bongin: :smoking:

• Like Like x 1
  15. #15 cball, Jul 14, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2013
    true, this is true...

cough cough, now for the rest of the story:

genetic does have a large factor in it ....

until breeding stock and seed sources were common, it was just pot luck as to whether a seed could/would produce industrial hemp or some ganga worth toking...regardless of how it was grown.

through breeding programs to produce characteristics and potency, we now have multiple factors to be concerned with and are enjoying today (mmj area is heavy with need for cbd potent strains and advances have been seen already)..

genetic strain alone wont give it, growing technique alone won't either, it is a combo...

edit: didn't want to seem like I disagreed with the quote...only wanted to expand on it.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ok, I'll keep an open mind on that and agree. Thanks for responding :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. yes there is no hydro seeds only seeds

• Like Like x 1