hydro question

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by gonandunit, Jan 14, 2010.

1. with this system here are the pots filled completly with the clay pebbles or is there a basket that only goes so far down allowing the roots to grow freely?? ( complete hydro virgin)lol

does anyone know of a good hydro video which explains everything.

2. yes the buckets are completly filled with hydroton pellets then there is a rockwool cube you put in the middle top and place ur seedling or seed in. stealthhydroponics.com has a decent video

3. thanks rhino,

have you heard of [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-CM2-lk1Q0"]this[/ame] method ??

4. That stuff may work I'm sure it might hahha (sure it might oxy moron ) any hoo there is a such thing as holding too much water then u get root rot b/c the roots r over saturated.
    Anther thing is that Rockwool which is tried and true is made of rocks as well as fibers

It looks like a flood drain system but they just traded there grow medium for hydrton and rockwool.
    Hell ya if you want to be on the fore front of hydroponics I applaud you!!
    There is no evolution without experimentation. Props to you! I found my nitch, but i am willing to try something new if it looks conducive. :D

5. im gonna stick with the tried and tested rockwool and clay pebbles:D what do you think of the hydro set up???