Hydro protection suggestions?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by BossHawk, May 31, 2018.

1. I use diy bubble buckets and I see many people use a wetting agent or protection on there hydro setup..I've seen hydroguard is ok..someone says they use sm-90..I would like to know what everyone suggests..thanks have a great day IMG_20180531_040107524.jpg

2. #2 Headhunterpipes, Jun 12, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
    Looks to me your bucket is white ?
    Roots do not like light nor white ………….
    I dump and flush my system every 7 to 10 days with fresh RO water .
    Then refill with fresh RO water .
    I use ( BushWacker Hammer down ) down .. 3 drops per gallon if I am using new clay balls maybe once every month or 6 weeks .

I sterilize my whole grow area and system every harvest.
    Cleaners and I use UV-C lighting .

I don't know if this is a good idea or not might destroy the nuets in the water and I never have had a algae or fungi issue in my Areo ponic set up which at certain times is a DWC when I fill the system to max hydro capacity .
    But you can put a fish tank sterilizing system in the water tank.
    This where water passes in front of a UV-C light ..

UV-C light kills everything on contact that is single celled ..
    In open air UV-C lighting emits its own deadly ozone that kills all fungi above and below the leaf even if the UV-C light isn't contacting that part of the plant .
    But using UV-C light comes with a learning curve on how much the plant can handle ...

Dawn dish soap is plant friendly, I would use like 1 to 3 drops per gallon , then rinse or flush and rinse .

As said I completely flush my system every 7 to 10 days and haven't had one issue with Algae ..or fungi .

Good luck.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. Thank you so much that was great info..the plants in the photo turned out to have male parts so the next set I can use these ideas

• Friendly Friendly x 1