Hydro-organic

Discussion in 'Growing Organic Marijuana' started by Fini91, Jan 25, 2013.

1. Hello everyone!
    I will be growing for the first time soon and am looking for some advice on nutes. Ima have a full setup(clone to bud)
    Like I said this is my first grow so no experience here! Can you guys help me pick out some good organic nutrients?
    I found this site with abunch of hydro-organic.

organic-&-hydro-organic-nutrients

2. Can you guys help me pick out some good organic nutrients?

Kelp Meal
    Alfalfa Meal
    Comfrey
    Stinging Nettle
    Dandelion
    Horsetail Fern
    Fish Meal
    Yarrow
    Watercress
    Borage
    Coltsfoot
    Fish Bone Meal
    Aloe Vera

This should get you started... Soak in water for several days to several weeks...

j

3. Making your own is the best route?
    Any idea on how much to add of each?

4. This is for a soil garden. You'd have to mix a nice organic soil first.

Since youve never grown before Id definetly not even bother going the bottled nutrient route - its an expensive merry go round of problems, pH adjustments and expense.

Take a read through this thread. This is a way for you to mix up your own soil and simply keep it moist with water throughout the entire grow. You dont need those bottles - trust me.

http://forum.grasscity.com/organic-growing/1116550-easy-organic-soil-mix-beginners.html

read, read, read and then ask alot of questions.

j

5. I was planning on going soiless. Unless you have a good reason not too?
    Here's a link to my setup. Maybe that will fill you in on what I'm aiming for.
    first grow op

6. Unless you have a good reason not too?

How about a top shelf end result, no buying bottles and relying on bottles, no checking pH or PPM, being able to use your soil over and over for years, just keep moist with water no muss no fuss garden the way Mother Nature intended?

Your call, of course. Good luck with whichever method you choose.

J

7. That sounds good lol. So for watering I could still use a pump n probably a dripper or something.

8. Organic hydro is like chasing a white buffalo. I know I did it for many years. I'd suggest that you look at the thread Jerry gave you combine it with SIPs and prepare to have your world rocked with organic goodness. Way less electricity also.

I use a little cfl for my clones. Check out aero cloners or the bubblers. No cloning gel needed. Rooted clones drop right into left over organic soil.

• Like Like x 1

9. OK thanks so much guys! Ima stop with the questions and read up on this.

10. The like was not for the stop asking questions. The like was for the fact you were willing to at least read about organic soil gardening. Kudos to you!

Never stop asking questions!

Welcome to the organic sub forum of GC.

MGB

• Like Like x 1

11. dont stop asking questions!

were all here to help each other learn

organic soil growing becomes a passion after a short while

it started with my veggie garden and moved on to my pot as well

being able to recycle your soil and it gets better with time saves you some serious cash and in the process you're getting soil of quality you wont find in no bag.

every year my veggie garden is getting better and better and im going to start seeing it in my pot soon as well

12. Oh I'll be back with more questions! Trying to find more info on SIP. If ya got any links share with me!

13. Wow didn't know it would be so simple! Just gotta figure out how to setup my res for both my veg and flower room. Could I have my clones on a sip too or is that over complicating it for such a small setup?

14. works for clones as well

you can make a cloning set up for wicking out of dollar store items(home made popsicle trays and little storage bin)

or go with making a bubble cloner(can make it with small totes as well to make it bigger)
    http://forum.grasscity.com/do-yourself/1127189-fayes-coffee-can-cloner-diy-tutorial.html

root em in the bubbler and then transplant to soil or other medium