Food and Drug Administration (FDA) Disclosure:

The statements in this forum have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration and are generated by non-professional writers. Any products described are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Website Disclosure:

This forum contains general information about diet, health and nutrition. The information is not advice and is not a substitute for advice from a healthcare professional.

Hydro is bad for you

Discussion in 'Marijuana Consumption Q&A' started by TheHappyHerbMan, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Hey guys I have heard from so many different people and groups that hydroponically grown cannabis has many more negative effects on your holistic health, more so than outdoor, organic or naturally grow weed. I have tried all different types, strains and grow methods and have listened to many opinions but I want to know:

1) Is there any proof that hydroponically grown weed is worse for your body and mind than 'Bush' weed and why

2) Do the later PGR's or Plant Growth Regulators have negative effects on the weed we smoke these days.

2. no its not.

but you're gonna get a fun filled debate by idiots who have no clue WTF they are saying (on both side of this argument BTW). who just really want to justify their style of grow more then find the truth.

3. The schwag/bush is worse for you. You have to smoke more it to get high, and it hasn't been grown carefully so there could be mold/mites. I would definitely disagree that schwag is somehow better for you than good weed.

4. Yeah I know. I was sitting down and this debate popped into my head so I just had to ask. I love any opinions. Personally I rather totally organic outdoor but I am also vaping some of the hydro cheese from my last grow right now.

5. Ok thanks, so you would disagree that organically grown would be better for you than that which is grown in an artificial environment on artificial nutrients and PGR's

6. I do not know if "Hydro" is good or bad, health wise, but to say that outdoor grown stuff is unhealthy, is complete nonsense.  Over 99% of all weed smoked since the beginning has been outdoor grown.  

7. #7 lFourTwenty, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013

"Bush" weed is dirt weed where I come from. Weed that you get for $5 a gram or less, full of stems and seeds. If by "bush" you mean grown carefully outdoors organically, then no. Weed can be grown outdoors just as good as indoors, if the grower knows what they're doing. If health is the concern, I am sure that the organically grown could be healthier for you somehow. All I was saying was that there is no way dirt weed is better for you than hydroponically grown dank.

8. This is stupid to say, and i agree many say it. Is is hydro? ahh its harsh, full of chemicals!"  BS   it COULD be full of chemicals, just like soil grown. most kids ( highschool) call weed grown with chemicals or very strong weed " hydro"     but you can grow both hydro or soil cannabis organically.  

actually the bush weed is likely worse because you are smoking more plant material to get  the same buzz...

9. I go for organic myself as much as I can. but that can be hydro or soil..

10. I think OP may be Australian, bush weed is slang for just all outdoor soil grown bud down here, no matter the quality (so I assume he means top notch, not some shitty schwag)

I'd say they are the same though personally

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk

11. The schwag/bush is worse for you.[​IMG]

12. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=46Bd_rRbZno

13. #13 Ganja ☤, Oct 23, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 23, 2013
    This article will answer your question:The relationship between hydroponically grown vegetables and organically grown vegetables is a confusing one that is still surrounded by controversy. In general, most hydroponically grown vegetables have not been certified organic, but the reasons here are complicated and not necessarily related to any low-quality production techniques on the part of hydroponic growers. For example, one reason for the lack of organic certification can involve the nature of approved fertilizers used in organics. The national organics regulations assume that plants will be grown in soil, and for this reason, many approved fertilizers are ones that have been developed for soil-growing. Since soil bacteria are expected to play a major role in making fertilizer nutrients available to plants, soil-appropriate fertilizers are often not ideal for hydroponic growing due to the absence of soil bacteria for processing fertilizer nutrients. Hydroponic growers will often select other fertilizers to produce the highest quality and most nutrient-rich vegetables, even though that decision may mean lack of organic certification. Many hydroponic producers are dedicated to the production of safe, nutrient-rich fresh vegetables that have been grown in a sustainable way and fully support the idea of organically grown foods. At present, however, there are a very small number of certified organic hydroponic growers in the U.S., and for this reason, most hydroponically grown vegetables are not certified organic.