Hydro Growing

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by thefluffy, Sep 1, 2005.

1. HIGH All, welcome to The City thefluffy...well I have'nt said this in a while...read, read, read and when you thought you read everything read some more. I can tell you everything you want to know, but the thing is if you really want to grow you have to do some reading to get at least the basics of how to grow Marijuana. Check out some of the links in my sig....it'll help alot. When you've read enough...tell us your room size and the such of where you'll be doing this and so on...it helps us to help you.

2. Wow, that's actually a pretty good price assuming that it's up to stuff (read: not a cheap piece of crap). I've seen 20 unit hyrdo systems for over $300.

Anyway yeah, there are like a million places to find info on growing other than asking people to explain it to you... seach the forum or use google. U find that marijuana growing videos are quite nice as well, pot.tv has some.

3. have you ever grown before? I wouldn't sugegst hydro for a first grow... but thats me.

4. ive never grow before...and i have read for about 4 hours...and watched a half hour long video... im thinking of renting out a small apartment and using the bed room....i know about wrapping the walls...using HPS lights and what not...but i dont know about the hydro...so maybei should start using pots...and bagseed? and im confused on the male and female plant part...like...the whole aspect of it

5. Re: Male/Female
    You can only smoke females, and the bud we smoke is from the female flower. If you have males in your garden, your females won't produce near as much bud because they'll be producing seed, and you don't want seeds at all. Therefore, you need to get rid if your males ASAP, then use the females to take clones.

Renting out a small apartment may not be a bad idea *if* it's cheap and you *know* you can get a good (read: large) grow to make it worth it. If I were you I would get a grow or two under your belt at your current residence just to get some experience before investing in a rental unit, but that's just my opinion. Also be careful with rentals and make sure your state has a law against landlords/maintainance people from just coming in with out your approval, because it would suck ass to have your crop discovered because someone was fixing a pipe or something.

6. that's why u need to grow them out and get some plants under u belt. and soil is simple, really really simple if u can follow directions.

unlike others, i suggest this...

buy some el cheapo seeds from some online store like gypsy or dr chronic. 10-20$/10 seeds.

grow all 10 out in soil pots and hps lighting. turning the 1 hps light from 24 hrs to 12 hrs. take pictures and ask advise as ur plants grow.

the reason i say to buy them is because u know they arnt some hermie'ed junk seed pollinated with crapy ditchweed. u will see, if u do everything right, the germination, the seedling, the veg and growth of the plants and the way they male/ female, put on bud and produce finish product. not sure that is as easy with junk seed and why spend 4 months taking that chance. if something is worth doing, its worth spending a bit o cash. what u dont got 20$ to spend? wouldnt that piss ya off if u grew it out and loved it for 4 months

if u ask and are friendly, we can walk u thru the first grow with soil and all ur questions will be answered and im guessin that u could get 6 oz in 4 months from the time u germ the seeds to smoking dubies.

7. Thia is my first hydro grow. I have attempted a soil grow but I could not keep it watered.
    This is working much better I have about a $1000 in so far. I should not need anything else.

I now have a cabinet (C22 from home dept) C-13 is good to but my garden fits in the C-22. A 400 watt switchable ballast and a micro garden holds 8 5 inch pots. medium is grow rock clay balls. Use Triflex chemicals.

One 4 inch in line fan about 210 cfm and I just added a charcoal filter. It started smelling after about month I had to do something I didn' t expect it to start smelling so soon.

I have 3 plants in a micro garden 10 gal res hydro set up. 2 are 14 inches and the other is about 8. They are in the 5 inch pots and grow rocks

Do I need to repot in a hydro set up?

They seem fine and have roots out the pot bottoms. I will be starting flower stage before Oct at this rate. have started from seed around Aug 1.

8. I suggest you get clones of a good plant to start with however you want to grow. seeds are not as reliable

9. I'd go with the suggestion to grow out some bag seed in soil first. I'm doing hydro right now and am VERY glad I familiarized myself with the plant and the process before I dove in. (I did an outdoor grow)