hydro grow first grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by bulldog, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Sweet looking bud shots. :D

2. just came upon the thread man, great grow!!! Im going to look back over the whole thing right now, this is ur very 1st time?? GREAT JOB MAN!!! they look amazing

{EDIT} lol just saw ur a female, my bad. the name bulldog threw me off lol GREAT GROW

3. read it top to bottom . . .

damn girl, u killed it :D

+ rep

4. Awsome job!!!!! I read the entire thread.(it's like a good book) I have one question? Should you trim the huge fan leaves I see in your photo? Hard to beleive they could get any better. Also I would love to see the girls and know what strain we were looking at. Tanks for the thread:hello:

5. Nooo!!! ya don't trim stuff because the plant supplies the buds through the leaves...and especially when all the nutes are flushed out near harvest.

:)

6. sergio, i am growing white widow, light of jah, and super skunk. the really tall one is widow, and there is one other widdow and one skunk and one light of jah... there is one that i though was widdow but acts like jah... so i may hive mixed them up at some point. haha....
    they are doing so so well. :hello: thanks

7. Flowering day 55, all is well;)

Attached Files:

8. correction, my last posst i put flowering day 55.... it's actually day 42

9. Looking great still! Glad you got the right formula for them after all! Could you send me your feeding schedule? Seeing your thread, these advanced nutrients could work with the right chart.

How often are you having to adjust Ph and change the reservoir? They look really healthy.

10. good question mr. goodstuff im also interested please post

11. The nutrients i use are:
    grow micro bloom, B-52, carboload liquid, sensizyme, piranha powder, voodoo juice, big bud, and overdrive.

for example i will tell you what i did for 5 gallons of water.

i started out using .5oz of each grow micro and bloom
    i added the additional nutrients the second week or so, also in small amounts.

when adding the piranha i had to add the powder to each bucket because it did not desolve easily.

the third week i used 1 oz of each grow micro bloom, 2.7 oz B-52, 1 oz carboload, 4.5 oz sensizyme, .2 oz piranha, 2 oz voodoo juice, and 2.8oz big bud

weeks 4-6 i used 1.28oz grow micro bloom, 3.84 oz B-52, 1.3oz carboload, 6.4 oz sensizyme, and 4oz big bud

in week 7 i did the same thing but added 2 oz of overdrive.

i am in week 7 now so for week 8 i am planning to use 1 oz micro grow bloom, 3 oz B-52, 1 oz carboload, 5 oz sensizyme, and 2 oz overdrive.

Depending on how close they are to harvest will depend if i nute for another week or if i flush for weeks 9 and 10 or 10 and 11.

but that is about what i used. i went onto advancednutrients.com and used their nutrient calculator, but i used a combination of feeding stages, depending on how my plants looked. if they showed signs of nute burn i diluted each bucket individual, not the resivior.

I also flush my system about every two weeks or so. i was doing it more regularly, but the amount of nutrients they are using was becoming to expensive.

i am not sure what else i can tell you. these plants have taken so much longer to grow that i expected. so the feeding has been kind of off. not sure if you remember but i had to make some of the plants stay in vegetative stage way longer than they should have and some i had to make flower to early. since they were at different stages i have had to adjust certain things in each individual bucket. i also do have to adjust the pH of each bucket daily. my next grow i am going to integrate a pump to circulate the water through the resivior and buckets. i think having the water continually moving i will be able to more easily control the pH. I keept the pH 5.6-6.2.

i hope this kind of answers you questions, i had to play arround with the nutes a bit to make them work the best for me, but you get the idea.

12. Hmmm... I used Barricade, fulvic and humic acid, and mother earth tea too... Had to be something, your plants turned out fine although in my opinion it shouldn't take so much work and cost so much money to boot. I'm seeing similar results adjusting the ph and TDS a couple times a week and only filling the reservoir once in the beginning. If I can extend any experience from my growing to you it would be to pick up a bottle of Flora Nova Bloom and Flora Nova Grow, and say to hell with changing the res! :hello:

For the amount of work involved for the results- I think you would be so much happier. If you are anything like myself which it very much appears that you are considering your first grow (check mine) you will love the Lucas formula! :D You can still use some additives, just won't have to change the res and pour them down the drain every week.

I just don't like to hear about you having to change the res every week and ph adjust every day... Not when I used to do the same exact thing and don't have to anymore. It's just so much better because you don't have to fuck with it constantly, the advanced nutrients would have to yeild 10X more in order for it to be worth the trouble compared to how you could run that garden. It's just smooth- very consistant and stable. The advanced drove me crazy, I don't know about you but changing the res all the time was a nightmare to me.

I really hope you give it a try though, because it's been the best decision I made and I want to share the knowledge with others on the same road I was on. You have a great passion for growing that is plain to see, so I think you should be able to look at your plants more than work on them, ya know?

13. plants look amazing nice work cant wait to c what they yield

14. I had to take one of the plants out of the room in order to build some supports for her, I figured it would be a good time for some new pics.....these may be the best yet:D

Attached Files:

• nn1.jpg
      nn1.jpg
      File size:
      226.3 KB
      Views:
    • nn2.jpg
      nn2.jpg
      File size:
      222.5 KB
      Views:
    • nn3.jpg
      nn3.jpg
      File size:
      281.3 KB
      Views:
    • nn4.jpg
      nn4.jpg
      File size:
      296.1 KB
      Views:
    • nn5.jpg
      nn5.jpg
      File size:
      182.8 KB
      Views:
  15. well i had to chop my biggest white widow down yesturday...:cry:
    i had to harvest because she was truning browner by the hour and wilting. it was very sad, but at the same time exciting to trim and hang my first bud.so here are a few pictures of what i did.
    nnn 002.jpg

then i got my microscope in the mail today and was able to look at the trichomes. so here are a few of the white widow i chopped down :( she was no where near ready.
    200xwwbud.jpg

and here are a few pictures of the other plants... they are looking healthy
    200x leaf.jpg

Attached Files:

16. I over ferted near the end too on the first grow...I was gutted! Mr. Goodstuff is right though, the pot will be great, but probably not as strong as it could be. You should get a decent head high at least though I reckon. (that was what happened with me, and mine is a White Widow cross). You really have done a fantastic job. The second grow is 'happier' because you know where you went wrong before and you sort it all out...and relax! They say the third grow is a charm, but I don't know cos I'm only on my second :)

I wish I could photograph like you too....the trich ones are amazing.

Yours is an awe inspiring journal and I have been really enjoying it.

Hey hey happy days smoking that little lot :hello:

17. Awesome macro pictures! Let us know how it turned out, should get you blasted though. Just not the THC hammer to the dome strength, but at least you have some now and aren't still waitin. Gotta look on the bright side in situations like this, early pot is better than no pot! :D

The others really surprise me though because they are still so healthy after that Widow took a dive... I guess that one just wasn't that strong.

Love the trich pictures though, what type of camera are you using?

18. thanks for the props guys... it should smoke ok i guess. still real bumbed, but it was an experience.
    i am using a lab microscope with a usb eye peice for the pics...
    I am deff getting excitied about the next steps... debating between hash and hash oil.. and then deciding what strains to grow next.. i just got a bunch of new seeds in. :D

19. Hard decision for sure. Just do both, problem solved :p

Very jealous of your USB microscope camera... Damn that sounds balla for looking at pot with!