hydro grow first grow

Discussion in 'Marijuana Grow Journals' started by bulldog, Jun 23, 2007.

1. Flowering day one.... my babies are finally growing up

Attached Files:

2. NICE grow bulldog, can't wait to see the buds. :hello:

3. Sweet, thats looking awesome! You going to switch to HPS for flowering?

4. haha, you actually just reminded me to switch to hps and to switch to flowering t5s. Thank you thatnetworkguy!

5. so ther first three pictures are day 4 of flowering.
    the last one you can see a small spot where my cat got into my room and i accedently closed him in, and in his frenzy of being hot and stuck he jumped on the plants... yeah i was mortified. there were bends in all four of the young girls. i steaked them up and it has been about 3 days. they seam to be pulling through. god what a day!!!

6. wow bro not what i was expecting when u open a thread that says first grow.....looks like uve really done ur homework.....how many plants u got buddy and what are the temp and dimentions of the room.....and how many t5s are u using to veg them....additionally what is ur light setup gunna look like for flowering......

u remind me of myself going way big of the first go around....the rewards will be great.......goood luck to u my friend

7. I should have said something when I first saw them but I just realised you have all that lower stuff on your plants still! I wish someone would have stressed how important it was to cut it off my first time which is why I'm posting this. :)

You should prune most of the bottom of the plant off so you don't have popcorn to deal with and your top buds get bigger and fatter. Trust me, be aggressive with the pruning and chop off anything that isn't robust and anything that's 2 feet below the canopy. It will cause them to flower much better.

Everything looks premium though regarding their environment and nutrients, they look very healthy. Doing a great job for a first timer! Very impressive.

8. I hope it's not going to damage them pruning them this much this late mrgoodstuff..... does it look like i trimmed enough off or should I do some more?....

Fahqpayme: The room temp is 79 deg.f the size is 2.5 ft x 6ft. i have 5 plants in there right now. I have 7 t5 2ft. tubes and a 1kw hps going for flowering;)

I really apreaciate all the compliments and feedback. this has been a very intense research project for me and I wasn't sure how well it was going

Attached Files:

9. Great job! That was just what they needed for a great flowering cycle with no popcorn slowing them down. They just need to be clear-cut up to the point you have about 18" of canopy or so, 24" would be OK but the more the plant has it's branches in high intensity light and less shaded parts the better.

With those things being so thick, I would recommend A LOT of air circulation to avoid mold, that or an ionizer that produces negative ions.

You are doing great though, that pruning will definitely help you out in the end, that's for absolutely sure. :D

A week into flower should be the time you prune it again anyways. I prune before placing it into flower and right after the stretch, about 10 days into flowering about 17 days of 12/12.

Looking forward to your flowering cycle, those babies are going to be HUGE!!! :eek:

Example pictures of too-tall plants that should have been pruned- my first

http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost/data/500/medium/DSCN4556.jpg

http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost/data/500/medium/DSCN4569.jpg

http://forum.grasscity.com/photopost/data/500/medium/DSCN4507.jpg

You won't be seeing that pathetic popcorn now!

10. these ladies are growing 1.5"-2" a day they're up to 45" from the bucket and 59" from the floor!!! so many tops!

Attached Files:

11. Thanks a ton mrgoodstuff for all the advice, info and encouragement you've made this process much easier

12. You got it bulldog, glad to see you doing so well right now, especially with advanced nutrients! Although the problems start in flower... :( Hopefully you can get it to work better than I did LOL

You can tell a first time grower from their totally packed grow space :D Looks incredible, the sheer amount of plant in there!

How is air circulation in that jungle?

Stringing up buds will be an adventure in there for sure, but the harvest should be worth the effort!

Great job! Can't wait to see it in 40 days!!! :D

13. EDIT-I know this is a little late but it should be stressed on the board as much as possible-

So you recommended against the compactness the light was giving? All that would do is cause them to stretch more.

The science behind the way marijuana uses light in veg totally elliminates any speculation on the best light cycle for vegging marijuana. 24/7 is the only way to go unless you want to save on power or control access heat.

That's a fact considering the way marijauana works, don't know about other plants. It's science and not speculation.

14. here's some pics of the air circulation mr.good

Attached Files:

15. starting to show buds. everything is still going well.

Attached Files:

16. OK you got plenty then, good. :D Can't wait to see the frosty buds, they are so cool in late flower!

The garden looks very healthy, awesome job.

17. so one plant has bubbles in it.... i dont know what is causing them but they are in the hydrtron, and in the water. there is not really any smell to them, but they are all over. it is the last plant in the line of buckets.. maybe that has to do with it, but they just appeared over night. any ideas???

Attached Files:

18. Looks like some sorta bacterial activity.I would clean the res add new soulution and add 30ML per gallon hydrogen peroxide.should clear it right up.oh be sure to add the peroxide after you mix the nutes as it will temporarly raise the ppms and can throw off your reading when mixing your nutes.

19. progress is coming along nicely, buds are getting bigger by the day. one plant is getting really tall, it's at 6'3" now

Attached Files:

20. Comin only nicely, looking good! :smoking: I want to see a picture taken farther away so I can see how big they are :D