hydro grow box build how many plants?

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by gtoman210, May 19, 2011.

1. Wassup gc I am going to start my very stealth grow box. The box is a dresser that I am going to gut is is a 3W-3L-3.5H sorry for the bad pic. It will have mylar lined on the inside and have 8-10 23w cfls. A 120mm computer fan for a fresh air intake and a 49 oz nesquik jug will be turned into a big ass carbon filter with 2 120mm computer fans. The unique thing will be the 5 gallon bubble bucket or buckets will be under the dresser with 7 inch holes for the 6 inch net pots in the bottom of the dresser. I will be making some kind of legs for it. It will be in my storage room so I can hide the legs and buckets. So that is about all I can think if right now so here are my questions. How many plants should I put keep in mind they will be topped. My next question is what kind of plant should I order i want a high yielder 700+grams per plant. Any input is greatley needed

Attached Files:

2. Anybody have any advice

Attached Files:

3. #3 RO76, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
    Go with indica (they are shorter than sativas), your closet has a very limited head room. keep in mind that DWC bucket is over a ft high, plus you need to have few inches distance from your lights to the plants, so they must be relatively short,otherwise you will run out of head room...
    I would just start with one plant and do LST. I am not sure about 700gr under CFLs but you can probably get 200gr if you get lucky...(I can be wrong on the numbers, but usually there are no impressive amounts under cfls..compare to HPS)

4. Well the lights are on a pulley system so I can move it from the bottom to the very top. But do you think its too small for a hps setup

5. #5 RO76, May 20, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2011
    3.5ft... Buckets are over a 1 ft tall,HPS-8" above the canopy, your plants can not be over 1.5ft tall by the end of the grow.... If you veg for no more than 3 weeks ,do LST and keep the heat under control than you can go with HPS in air cooled sealed reflector. I do not know how hot it will get but I can tell you for sure that 3.5 ft of head room can be a problem with HPS. My tent is 6ft tall, I veg my plants for about 5 weeks,I am on the 3rd week of flowering ,plants are (including bucket height) are 3'9" tall , distance between the reflector and canopy about 8" or so... reflector it self 8" tall... so 3'9"+8"+8"=5'........and 5 more weeks to go....
    P.S.Just get a tent...

6. Good point I will stick with cfls

7. Just do SCROG or LST and you should be able to get more meds.:wave:

8. with that head room you could run a 400 watt cool tube no preoblem..
    I do it... def go with scrog... If your stciking with cfls you deal with as much heat as a hps anyway so might as well take the plunge...
    def get better circulation then a comp fan.. look at the duct fans at home depot they make a good start....:D

9. Thanks for the advice. My buddy said maybe run 4 250w daytime cfls

10. I hate to be a buzz kill, but there is no way you are going to get 700g out of that set-up. With a set-up like that, you should be looking at 100-200g -- maybe a bit more if you stumble upon some serious good fortune.

11. no way you gonna pull anywhere near 700G in the grow much less per plant with a few little cfls in a dresser.:eek::laughing:

You need a much better grasp of what your talking about before starting anything!!!!!!!

12. grasscity.com has like 7 strains that claim 700+g indoor. Plus I am using 1000 watts (4 250w) cfls. But if this set up won't give me big yealds what kind of cfl set up do you guys suggest.

13. I would never recommend cfls for a big yield.

14. So I have got my setup a 250 watt hps cool tube. I will be using the scrog method. I decited to grow 2 fem big bud. Thanks guys for all the imput. Pics coming soon

Attached Files:

15. Sorry for the double pic here is one more

Attached Files:

16. Goodluck.
    I hope it works out............