Hydro/Dirt side by side GJ#2

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Grow Journals' started by larryg420, Dec 25, 2008.

1. Bad news AW:devious:the one in the BB is starting to gain on the soil one:p.
    The BB ones roots are really going now so it will get real big real fast.
    I'm going to repot the soil one today,some nice Pro-Mix,perlite and some Wiggle Worm Castings;).

Attached Files:

2. Day 22-I may have to abort this one:confused:Sorry AW:devious:
    The BB is clearly bigger and doing better in "Water":rolleyes: then the soil one.
    But tell you what,I'll let it go 2 more weeks.Today I'm going to re pot the soil one in a gal sized pot,some nice Pro Mix,Perlite and Wiggle Worm worm castings.
    And then some FF grow big,big bloom and superthrive:smoking:

Attached Files:

3. The hydro will grow faster and bigger...soil is only good for the taste of the bud.

4. To be fair to the soil.... it only has 1 gal while the hydro has 5. I know from indoor experience 5 gal will beat 1 gal any day of the week, hydro or soil:) Lookin good:D

5. I use 4gal pots for the finial repotting all the time,but for this one i'll put it right in a 4gal pot to be fair.
    Thanks Dr Lowtie:smoke:.

6. Awesome idea having Hydro vs Soil....

I'll also be doing this on my next grow. I think I finally got my grow room dialed in.

Thanks for starting the project! :hello:

7. ahhh.. so false. but w/e.

looks great larry.. thanks for sharing this man!

8. I second that all the way to the bank dude !!!!

Soil it iz !!! and always has been !!!

Although um not saying I wouldn't do hydro .... But for personal smoke its dirt for sure !!!!

Best Regards EAzyGReen ...:D

9. oh and larry .... Everything is looking good ...

Looks like you got other buckets running in the same room also ...

What kinda light ya running ?

Best Regards EAzyGReen ....:D

10. yeah man.. i agree with the faster thing.. but i don't know about bigger buds. I've seen some monster indoor soil buds.

11. yeah man.. i agree with the faster thing.. but i don't know about bigger buds. I've seen some monster indoor soil buds.

if you veg hydro for 2 weeks and soil for 4 and use the appropriate sized soil container, i bet the buds would be comparable in size.

12. Thanks for the kind words:smoke:.I have 6 buckets going in the veg room 5'x7' lit by 2-400w MH's.
    4 Kush,1 Gigabud fem and the Old old bag seed that is a female also.
    I have 2 buckets in 12/12 right now doing very well along with the soil plants.:smoke:

13. Well the BB one is bigger,but the soil one is doing good too.The real test is at the end of the harvest.
    I think about 3 more weeks of 24/7 then i'll 12/12 them.:smoking:

Attached Files: