Hydro Healing Herbs

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Hydro42O, Feb 14, 2017.

1. Update after pruning. Sugar production started. Temps are good, all plants drinking less then a gallon a day each. Transition nutes may have been too hot last feeding, will adjust accordingly for next bloom feeding for each.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  2. Flower and sugar production accelerating.
    Stretching phase appears to slow down.
    I added 4 flower 4u CFL’s to help sides.

Clones
    [​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  3. Can't wait to see bud growth kick into high gear!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Likewise Streak.

Two hours after lights on I went to visit them, noticed all lights off.. frantic to figure out wtf happened, turns out timer crapped out after checking all surge protectors and wall outlets. There was a hint of electrical smell in the air as well. Standard analog timer with 15 min blocks, strangely day after I added the cfl’s.
    I try to check on them often as possible to make sure all is well with the girls as well as hardware equipment and temperature.
    so now they’re off schedule after putting in another timer by 1/2 hour. Still on 12/12.

Hope that didn’t disturb the flowering process to much or cause growth issues. Time will tell I suppose. Flipped to flowering 10/28.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Had to scrub previous grow due to other priorities that came up.
    Started fresh multi strain run. Using only GH basic nutes on all this time. I find it better for some strains to modify and customize for each plant/strain.
    I vegged little over a month.
    Flowering for 4 weeks now I believe.
    Clones taken of the GG4/GSC cross and
    Blue dream.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  6. Progressing flower development. Ways to go. Shifted plants around.
    IMG_7318.JPG IMG_7357.JPG IMG_7360.JPG IMG_7362.JPG IMG_7367.JPG IMG_7369.JPG IMG_7368.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  7. Gave a light feeding and am incorporating liquid koolbloom and flora blend.
    Usually I stick with the trio basic.
    After 10 hours plants seem to accept it. To early to tell though.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sucks you had to scrap your last grow dude. These new ones are looking good though! Pistil city!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yeah that really sucked bad. Life BS happens. Set me back a bit. Still smokin on my summer outdoor harvest.

Thanks steak! So far so good on current run. About 6-7 weeks out.

I cleaned the bottom useless foliage for better airflow. Upper buds seem thicker.
    At lights on I’ll find out if adding the flora blend and liquid koolbloom was a mistake.

• Like Like x 1
  10. So after 36 hours the plants don’t seem bothered by the addition of gentle amounts I added.
    Next feeding I’ll add same amounts to make sure.
    Development continues.
    IMG_7495.JPG IMG_7494.JPG IMG_7493.JPG IMG_7492.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  11. So far so good. I added some micro to the Afghan fire the tallest one.
    The PAC-Man/Afak 2nd tallest buds getting sticky after slight rotation - she’s on the far right currently. Added a 6 port pump to help the 8 port as they get bigger to help oxygenate them better.

The smell is getting stronger. Skunky,berry, fruity, rotty.

[​IMG][​IMG]

PAC-man/afpak
    [​IMG]
    GG4/GSC
    [​IMG]
    Bluedream
    [​IMG]
    3 purple cross I grew last summer seed. Clone looking similar to it.
    [​IMG][​IMG]

Finally here’s the berry white and lemon

• Like Like x 1
  12. Bucketed the clones and took 6 more for spring outdoor grow.
    Would like to keep those going for a while.
    Others doing ok so far.
    I’ll incorporate light flora blend and liquid koolbloom next feeding.

IMG_7715.JPG IMG_7708.JPG IMG_7697.JPG IMG_7709.JPG IMG_7579.JPG IMG_7699.JPG IMG_7705.JPG IMG_7670.JPG

13. #294 Hydro42O, Feb 14, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 14, 2019
    Pruned to allow better airflow and removed tiny popcorn buds in the shadows below.
    Drinking has slowed down as they continue to mature and grow the buds.
    Buds are dense after squeeze test. Pretty sticky.

Tents pretty full now. May break out the 400w hps or add few more flowering cfl’s.
    I also strapped in the Afghan fire from the top to help her with stability.

IMG_7802.JPG IMG_7817.JPG IMG_7821.JPG IMG_7799.JPG IMG_7771.JPG IMG_7822.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  14. Progress so far. On the blue dream and GG4/GSC finally starting to fuzz up.
    The others have some flower color change. Starting to bulk and shed their large leaves.

Touchy topic to remove or not to remove the leaves. Many factors to consider in my opinion.
    I say, do what suits you best in your grow style and technique.

I did remove some on the bottom to allow better airflow.

• Like Like x 1
  15. I forgot to mention. The additional nutes I incorporated are pretty strong. Liquid koolbloom and flora blend.
    As you can see from the leaf tips. Each plant strain is dealing with the excess. I’ve backed off and will reduce the amount to 1/8-1/16 per G
    Flower development and growth seems to continue.

The existing burns will not go away.
    I’m hoping I can get doses right soon for them on new growth with no burns or slight. Half way finished on 4 of them. 2 lagging just started sugar production.
    The overall smell is more cantaloupe-ish now.

16. Continuing to remove the tiny buds on the bottom of the plants. Large leaves continue to fall off.
    Re-strapping the branches to allow space for the buds to grow and better airflow.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  17. Lookin good Hydro! I also like to remove lower buds, but I've seen some folks leave the lower buds on and do their harvest in 2 parts. Chop the upper buds down, lower the light, give the rest another week to fatten up. I've not had the time or space to really give it a try myself...

How much longer you think you have to go?

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thanks steak!
    Yeah I think I may do that, 2nd harvest for the lower buds. I’m removing the ones couple inches near the base that keep growing back.
    I switched to flowering Jan.10.
    I would think they have another 4-5 weeks maybe on the original 4. Triches all clear.
    The hairs started changing color few days ago.

The blue dream and gg4/gsc are couple weeks behind. Sugar just started on blue dream.

Being different strains I’m sure some will finish sooner then others. Then I’ll chop half and Lower the lights.
    This Afghan fire is the tallest with her hairs just an inch from the ceiling. I decided to add a led flowering bulb for her head until I can come up with better solution.

• Like Like x 1