Hydro Healing Herbs

Discussion in 'Hydroponic Growing' started by Hydro42O, Feb 14, 2017.

1. What in gods name are you doing to those poor plants lol.

2. One got a little tall on me again, the others are doing fine.

3. Things moving along. Daily clean up of fallen leaves.

IMG_8326.JPG IMG_8327.JPG IMG_8325.JPG IMG_8301.JPG IMG_8284.JPG IMG_8274.JPG IMG_8242.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  4. After daily inspection, I noticed the GG4/gsc plant has been leaking sap. Its the branch right above.
    I collected it and cleaned up. Replaced the stock ring.
    The last time a plant sapped on me was the Pineapple Express. Several years ago.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  5. Week 7 in few days.
    Buds continuing to mature.
    Large yellow leaves nearly all gone.
    Fed light nute mix for each.
    No sap detected so far.
    All 6 mature flowering plants drink little over 1 gallon a day.
    Once I am finished I will take pictures of the roots.
    No sugar yet on the GG4/gsc or very little so far. Maybe it sapped out the branch.
    The blue dream started a week ago.

IMG_8567.JPG IMG_8564.JPG IMG_8559.JPG IMG_8553.JPG IMG_8549.JPG
    IMG_8504.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. Swapped the tall plants and re adjusted the lights. I also fed a little micro to some as I felt they needed it.
    Should be getting close now, about couple weeks + I would think. At least on 4 of them in two cut stages as Steak suggested.
    I have tried double harvest before, usually it’s the timing. Should work fine.
    Considering to try Vaseline after half chop to stop uptake bleeding to cork each cut point. Only a thin seal to block holes.
    Anyone ever try it?

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  7. Continuing to ripen and buds swelling. Maybe 12-14 days left. No amber. Few milky. Lots of clear.
    Top buds will finish first. Will use vaseline to seal cuts and continue to flower. Buds are firm.
    Few weeks behind are the blue dream and gg4/gsc.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  8. Take some extra progress pics of the vaseline-treated wounds when you get there. Haven't seen this before so I'll be curious about how it affects healing.

Ooh - bonus points if you leave one or two cut spots alone as "controls" so we can see directly how vaseline does vs doing nothing...

• Like Like x 1
  9. Yep I will. I haven’t tried it either was just a thought. The last time I did this I used electrical tape to cover the cuts. Didn’t really work well as it fell off. I suppose a pen cover depending on the size of the branch. I would prefer to seal or cover it after I cut until it heals. But I’ll leave one open on each strain to see how it goes.

10. I've read that 100% natural honey is a good wound dressing as well as a good rooting hormone.
    Think I'd go with it over petroleum jelly.

• Like Like x 2
  11. That sounds better then petroleum jelly. I’ll check it out. Thanks for the tip!

• Like Like x 2
  12. Blue dream and gg4/gsc.

IMG_8942.JPG IMG_8914.JPG IMG_8933.JPG
    IMG_8947.JPG IMG_8913.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  13. The 3 purple crosses I’ve been working on I took sample to dry out and test.
    Pretty good for my dose.
    This is a tiny piece on the inside I was cleaning up. I also took the bottom part to try and re-veg at nearly 8 weeks flower.
    Doubt it, but why not try. I’ve had seeds from the same that grow completely different sometimes.
    The summer grow of this was more purple flavor. This still has couple weeks to go to mature and ripen.

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]
    Here’s on the plant flowing now
    [​IMG]

Some of the bases after I strap, adjust and re-strap.
    Getting towards the end. Moving, turning, shifting around to try and even out top buds.
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

14. Flowering day 59. Looks like another week to 10 days on 4 of them. I fed light nute mixes to each.
    The samples are pretty good from a week ago. Very strong. 1 maybe 2 hits. Medicated for hours.
    Took a bud of each for secondary testing and ripeness. They are drying. Very dense.
    The other 2 plants are behind by few weeks and didn’t get the same veg time.
    They do however pack a punch in bud formation being short and stocky.
    Still waiting on the gg4/gsc sugar production to start.

IMG_9197.JPG IMG_9176.JPG IMG_9174.JPG IMG_9164.JPG IMG_9138.JPG IMG_9135.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  15. Triches little clear, cloudy and some amber. Would still prefer more amber so maybe another 5 days on couple of them. Gave last feeding to some.

The 2nd samples taken have dried and taste is still little underdone, but each strain taste, medication level and high are good for fast drying no cure.

The gg4/gsc finally started to sugar. She is still building buds. The blue dream has been little difficult. Feisty girl. Multiple things to address. Buds and sugar building as well.
    The clones coming along and growing faster then expected demanding more space.
    Harvest soon on some.
    IMG_9408.JPG IMG_9399.JPG IMG_9395.JPG
    IMG_9397.JPG
    IMG_9492.JPG IMG_9497.JPG IMG_9483.JPG IMG_9471.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  16. 4 harvested. They were pretty much ripe throughout and I needed to add the clones.
    I have pics of the roots and harvest but my phone won’t upload all the pics for some reason. Just one by one so I’m using my old phone to take few pics of current plants and a bud I’m working on. Still have 1/2 a plant to process.
    I made oil with leaves and stems. Turned out great. It’s strange pulling samples off the plants 3 weeks out to test has such different effects and flavors then final harvest and maturity.
    IMG_6513.JPG IMG_6518.JPG IMG_6520.JPG IMG_6512.JPG IMG_6511.JPG IMG_6504.JPG IMG_6508.JPG IMG_6515.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  17. Purple buds & purple lighter. Looks awesome!

• Like Like x 1
  18. Thank you steak!

• Like Like x 1