Hybrid Aeroponic Grow Setup

Discussion in 'Growing Marijuana Indoors' started by sexpanda, Mar 24, 2011.

1. #1 sexpanda, Mar 24, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 24, 2011
    High everyone, I've been itching to grow like i have fleas or something. I have been going BACK and FOURTH like a madman between 3 different hydro setups.

1. DWC - Easiest, still gets great results
    2. Low Pressure Aeroponic - Better Results, more efficient, least expensive
    3. High Pressure Aeroponic - Best results, most efficient, most expensive, most prone to losing and entire crop due to timer/pump malfunction

So here is hybrid design I made that at first incorporates my original DWC setup into a Low Pressure Aero grow THAT CAN LATER be converted into a HP Aero setup.

This system is a Drain to Waste (D2W) for later use in the HP setup, but notice the ball valve, this is to empty the D2W reservoir to either check PPM and/or to pump the D2W back into the original reservoir, but with the addition of a small water pump (I'm not sure if I want to D2W the LP Aero runoff water yet).

This system is designed to run the water pump 24/7 (hence why I'm not sure about d2w) and continuously soak roots like a DWC, but more aeration of the water occurs with the misters and added airstone to the reservoir. The 4x4's serve a dual purpose to make a gradient for water runoff and also to keep the buckets off the floor (lower water temp).

The only thing needed to make this a HP grow would be a 1second timer ($100), an accumulation tank ($100), and I think a pressure valve?

Honestly this is perfect in my head, but I would like to hear that hater criticism!
    Keep in mind, this is for a ScroG, veg = 4-5weeks, flower = normal and in a closet.

Attached Files:

2. Damn, -confidence

3. you wont need to have 9 buckets and a 4-5 week veg if you only have one 600 watt light. either drop down to 4 buckets and veg for a month if you are growing from seed. if you got 9 clones just keep the 9 buckets and veg for around two weeks

4. Yea i agree with wert no need to veg that long especially in a closet you will run into a serious space issue real quick.and was reading your supply list you have flora macro and bloom but don't mention the flora grow this is a 3 part system i hope you realize that !? but imo you need to simplify your design more and just stick with the bubble buckets lot less hassle and stuff to break down also all those pumps make noise and heat and in such a small space such as a closet might cause you problems not to mention maintance on a scrog grow is a bitch just ask wert or take a look at his vert grows.
    And just to let you know i run 4 bubble buckets 2 pots to each bucket under a single 1000 hps. keep it fun and easy you'll be alot happier at least till you get a little more experience under your belt

6. right on well seems you done your homework .OK to answer q's yes i lst and grow what i call a stadium scrog i have serious hieght issues with my spot but i know how to overcome them. you seem to be on the right track but maybe your time frame just little off? but depends on the strain being grown and conditions all goes back to fucking experience you'll learn the hard which is the best way !!! :) but honestly would skip the pc fans as they move minimal amount of air, i got a 6" inline duct fan at lowe's for 28 bucks move 4 times what that pc fan will do and use same amount of energy,but not knocking new to the site. but know few things as well, old west virgian hillbilly taught me how to grow :smoke:

7. Sorry for the delayed reply, I've been super medicated lately... Thanks a lot for those replying with great info and criticism! And your right about how the time frame depends on the strain, I read ALOT of stuff so sometimes I say the best scenario w/o explaining details, anyways I'm going to listen to you and simplify the setup. I'm just going to make it a rDWC but keep the 2 sprayers a bucket just for extra aeration and for ease/convenience when roots just pass netpots and on their way to the dwc water line.

Btw 2 more quick questions.

1. What size water pump should i use if there is 50gal in the system (still need close to 1000ghp if not more right?)

2. What size air pump? 65Liter /min (3900L an hour) should be plenty I'm thinking to power 9 buckets which WILL be the max number of sites.