hwo bad is the smell when growing?

Discussion in 'First Time Marijuana Growers' started by d.conn, Aug 12, 2009.

1. im going to start a very small grow 1-3 plants but i live in a apartment with a roommate he doesnt have a problem with smoking weed but i dont want him to know cuz he will end up telling his friends and shit

so if i do this small grow when will it start too smell and how bad is it going to be?

2. It depends on the strain, but it will smell,more so when you hit the flowering period.
    If you are worried about your roommate telling people then I would suggest not growing until you can plant outside or until you get a room mate who wont run his mouth. Either way good luck.

~*The Attitude*~

3. no way in hell you can grow in a apartment without your roommate knowing...
    if you think he will talk when he sees it then just stop now, not worth it

4. hmmmm... first post btw. SIIICK. haha. But besides that, growing wise i would recomend a carbon filter in your Inline fan thats exausting air out, it premuch catchs all the smelly dankness and pre money saving, instead of febreeze or watever u only gotta change it every 10-12 months.

5. Depends on the strain. It's a crapshoot, really. I have one strain that smelled a couple weeks after germination, and I have seen some that don't even smell very strongly as they flower, but they are all going to smell like plant at the very least.

You need to seal the leaks in the room and get an air scrubber/filter of some sort cleaning your only source of exhaust.

6. allright thanks for the advice

7. ok chief, search my username for recent posts. I gave a detailed step by step how to & everything you'll need for one of the best stealth setup's you'll ever find. I've used this set up in the past & as i stated in the replys, I've had experienced hardcore smokers standing less than 2' away from it and had not a clue.

if you have any questions, PM me & I'll lend an assist.